SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:37:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My restored Cav. 96C  (Read 10342 times)
kg4mon

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 02:08:58 pm »

I'm doing basically the same theme in my garage. Looks fantastic!!!!  May I ask where you got your metal trim around your bars and the metal edge on your bar top?  Thanks Rick

One more question:  What color laminate did you use on the countertop?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:13:53 pm by kg4mon » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 02:18:48 pm »

I restored a Victor many years ago and had to buy a 200' roll of plastic trim to face off the countertop. I have a lot left if anyone is interested.

Glen
retrobob

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 07:18:14 pm »

I'm doing basically the same theme in my garage. Looks fantastic!!!!  May I ask where you got your metal trim around your bars and the metal edge on your bar top?  Thanks Rick

One more question:  What color laminate did you use on the countertop?

The chrome trim is nothing more than auto body trim you can purchase at any auto parts store.  It comes in a variety of sizes from about 1 inch (I used on the wall unit) to 1/2 inch (used on the bar) to 1/4 inch used on the table edging.  Very easy to apply and stays once you get it in place.  Make sure you have it where you want it because it is a real treat to remove it if you make a mistake.  Believe me, I know!  Also, if you use the chrome body trim, make sure you strip the tape from the back a little as at a time as you apply it.  I usually did about 6 inches at a time.  You can actually buy the edging but is damned expensive and you have to cut a slot in your table or bar edge.  It is a real pain in the neck.  If you want to PM me your phone number, I will be glad to share the details of my build. 
kg4mon

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 01:51:41 pm »

pm sent, thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: