SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 01:08:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decal questions????  (Read 2164 times)
jenkine

« on: February 17, 2010, 06:01:23 pm »

I see a number of pre 1960 and post 1960 machines that have decals:  sprite boy or hand holding a coke as examples.  I personally like the way these look.

Were they added by coke or individuals later?

Is it appropriate in your opinion to take an original machine and add a decal to it or does that hurt the value?

Thanks.

On another note, I let an original v39 get away from me the other day.  Lady was selling it for $650 but would not provide me any good pics and I was about 300 mi away from her.  She sold it locally, I guess I should have taken the chance on it.....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 07:06:07 pm »

The hand and Sprite boy decals  were an option  added by the Coke distributors after the machine left the Vendo factory.

Decals are a matter of personal choice and taste, the condition of the machine and its popularity  will drive the price, not the Sprite boy on the side. 

As for the 39, I think you made the right choice. I love the 39, it was my first machine, and it's a classic. The price was good but without pictures,  I couldn't  see a 3 hr drive.
Trust me,  a closer one will turn up

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: