SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 03:39:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cornelius Compact  (Read 31017 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 11:25:12 am »

Pretty thorough work Dan ! ! !
Looks good! Be sure to show us when it's completed...

My six cents,

Jim

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 08:31:44 pm »

Did I give you the cooling system? I can't remember. I know I sent one to someone?

Yeah Josh! it still works great. You sent me that and all of it has been down at my parents' house about 4 hours away. Next trip down and I should be able to finish it up.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 09:52:19 pm »

That is great news. That makes my day that those parts went to good use. I personally like the cornelius machines. I have had several and used them on a regular basis. They are very efficient and cost almost nothing to run. Everyone loved the one that I turned into a kegerator back in college. It was great for parties. but since the keg wouldn't fit inside you had to finish the keg in one day but that was never a problem  drinking  Are you keeping this as a user machine or will it be up for sale?
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 10:06:26 pm »

That is great news. That makes my day that those parts went to good use. I personally like the cornelius machines. I have had several and used them on a regular basis. They are very efficient and cost almost nothing to run. Everyone loved the one that I turned into a kegerator back in college. It was great for parties. but since the keg wouldn't fit inside you had to finish the keg in one day but that was never a problem  drinking  Are you keeping this as a user machine or will it be up for sale?

Oh yeah, we definitely needed it. Yours cooled well w/ a good tstat, but the base was shot. My chest was the opposite.  I'll just keep it. I really didn't put much into it, it just kept getting put off.

Glascock Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 09:27:23 pm »

Here is a picture of the inside (ignore the screwdriver  blush).  The inside used to be an off white that had kind of a plastic coating paint.  I decided to use black bedliner spray, which I think will look really good behind a clean chrome slider rack and coin mech. Both small fans (the one for the compressor and the one that circulates the air in the chest) are running smooth and quiet. It is getting nice and cold and the thermostat seems to be working fine. Waiting to attach the lid since the red trim to the cooler is recently painted. Will post more pics...

Glascock Standard
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 09:30:23 pm »

Dan,

S W E E T !!!!!!!!!!!!

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 04:25:50 pm »

Ok, getting closer to being finished. Here are some more pics as I know people like pictures.  Removed the old thin metal that was on the lid, cut a board, covered it in the white vinyl, and attached with screws through the bottom of the lid, so with the wood and vinyl that is higher than the original. Still need to put some weather stripping type material around the underside of the lid. I have the front "Drink Coca Cola" disc that goes on the front along with the cap catcher. I have a really nice "style star" light up sign that will attach to the back. You can see the holes on the front and back where these things go.

Can I pick your brains on whether or not anything should be added to the side in the white area? What ya think? I'll have the small disc on the front and light up behind the lid.  Thanks.

Glascock Standard
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 04:45:22 pm »

Looks great Dan!
I have a 7UP disc sign if you want it.
LMK

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
wampdawg
5 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 09:06:53 pm »

Hi!  New here.  Like the Cornelius pics.  I just bought one the other day at an auction for $20.  It is a Cornelius Compact 72.  Cleaned is up a little that evening and had it plugged in all day on Sunday.  Runs fine and stays cold.

I would like to redo mine as well and had a couple of questions.

With the woodgrain, did you sand or remove that or did you just primer and paint over it?  

I have a square Coke logo in the corner where your round one is, how does that come off?

This is my first project like this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:29:44 pm by wampdawg » Logged

Wamp

Cornelius Compact 72 (My 1st in the works)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 09:39:49 pm »

On mine, the disc sign on the front just popped off. The woodgrain was painted on. I had to do a little body work on a few small dings and just sanded it. You could probably just primer over it if the body is straight and rust free.

I need to post some new pics. The cabinet of the light on the back is going to get painted before it is attached.

Glascock Standard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: