SMC Discussion Areas
July 06, 2024, 03:20:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ID This Coke Cooler  (Read 6432 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: April 30, 2009, 07:03:11 pm »

I just bought a water circulating Coke Cooler (don't tell the War Department hopefull ) that is about the same size as a Westinghouse Master but as you will note in the pictures, it is dressed up with chrome trim, tops are stainless and it has a recessed opener and cap catcher.  Box looks straight and relatively dent-free and the top looks to be in good shape.  The compressor is not currently running but I can use it as an ice box until I get to it.  I just liked the looks of it and it should look pretty good when it is restored to original!  High on the cool and unique factor!

This machine is originally from Canada and I know some of the machines deployed over there were trimmed out differently.  If anyone can ID the manufacturer I would appreciate it.  Should be picking up soon.  Will post more pictures when I get it!

drinking Tim drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:24:52 pm »

It is a Kelvinator FE-51

http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=176&Itemid=14

Several members here have one I believe.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:39:22 pm »

Tom's correct its made by Kelvinator in Canada  An THE PAPER ID tag located in the Compressure area on one of the sides Actually said FS-S-51 SPECIAL picture supplyed .The link he sent you to Is actualy mine Pictured Before it was Refurbished .Picture here was after I FINELY  darn Got it returned after 2 years .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:01:54 pm »

Leonard and Tom,

Thanks for the info!  happydrinkers I thought it might be a Kelvinator based on some other ice cream coolers I have seen.  Kelvinator also had operations in Detroit back in the day.

Leonard,

Is your compressor and water circulator working?  I will probably be picking your brain for restoration help when I get to it.  Also, mine is missing the grate for the compressor.  Can you post a pic if yours has that part on it?

Thanks!

drinking Tim drinking
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 09:24:18 pm »

It sure is a Kelvinator Like what we talk about when we pick up my Westinghouse.
But I want to know how are you going to get that puppy home  tounge I don't think it will fit in your wagon.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 09:48:03 pm »

I love the Art Deco look on it, nice find Tim!

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:17:11 am »

Leonard,

Can you send me a picture of the water circulator set-up inside the chest?  Also, when you were restoring yours did you need to find any parts and if so were they difficult to chase down?

The one that I bought appears to be complete but I am just curious on parts availability

THANKS!

drinking Tim drinking
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:21:25 am »

Hi, Tim

I'll get Pictures in the next day or 2 .Part impossible .Unless you find a nother cooler for spare Parts & Most of the time there stripped . I did not restore Mine it was Suppose to be Restored By a person that adverstise on this site .But the best I could call it the way I look at the cooler is Refurbished . Not What I thought I Promised . But at least it was returned after 2 years .

So I'll get Pictures on soon . I have seen a few of these and I see the Water Circulator mounted in eather end of the cooler  in the corrners  & 1 was Mounted in the Middlle along the Back .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 09:14:25 pm »

Hello, Tim

Sorry I was a Day Late in getting this . Had a Couple of the GrandKids this weekend . Heres a Picture of the Rear Grill of the Cooler .I'll have to get the Cooler off the rack . If you want to see it mounted .It's on the rack faceing out .
                                                                                          Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 09:27:01 pm »

Leonard,

Thanks for posting the picture.  Do you think that would be difficult to fabricate or perhaps one from a Westinghouse might do the trick?

No rush on the inside picture but I would like to see it at some point.  I have a few projects in front of this one and I have to get some things out of the garage before I can start any of them!  Oo

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: