SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 03:23:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Cigarette Machine Candy?  (Read 16500 times)
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 11:22:00 am »

Jeff,
I will look if not my friend in fl, rich at rms vintage, who does stoners and nationals a lot, will tell me how to do it
If there is a section on how to adjust the coin mechanism for different prices, I wouldn't mind a scan of that page or pages.  My price wheel goes from 15c to 35c, or somewhere in that range.  Right now my machine is set for 30c.  I wouldn't mind setting it for 15c.  The actual coin mech, not the rejector, has metal bars for pathways.  I am assuming if you move them to different positions, it would alter the price.

Usually, the manuals are just part descriptions, and a breakdown.  Hopefully, there would be some information in it.

Larry
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 02:02:05 pm »

Thanks Jeff,

I appreciate it!! biggrin

A lot of stuff.
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 09:55:26 pm »

Finally finished this national cigarette machine, turned it into a candy machine.  It turned out nice, it's not a perfect candy machine since the product is limited but I couldn't justify having a cigarette machine in the house. The rack was not modified, I may need to create some spacers to add chewing gum or smaller items, right now it's loaded with lemon heads in different varieties.   This was a cheap restoration, I have about $40 into paint wiring and hardware, thought about having the trim chromed, but again didn't want to drop too much into this.

Many thanks to Dave B for the lever handle, it fit perfectly.

David
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 09:56:17 pm »

Another
Pat Pixley
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 11:11:49 pm »

David, It looks great   Cool I like the colors  that you did it in. smile.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 02:51:40 am »

Wow... I really have to get mine sorted out... Its in the garage covered away at the moment...

Tim has a coin mech for me just need to work out how to get the whole unit off....

I very much like the idea of vernding candy from it but haven't been able to find anything that
will fit... Seems you did well..

You've spurned me on... Got to get cracking... Your's looks great..

Dave
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 08:13:46 am »

I never even though about vending those candies from mine.  Did you have to adjust due to the thickness of the candy boxes compared to a pack of smokes?

Nice machine!

drinking  Tim drinking

Can anyone send pics of how to remove the coin mech from this machine?  I don't want to remove the wrong screw and find a mess of parts on the garage floor!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 09:01:38 am »

Very cool and innovative conversion.  Lemon heads, jaw breakers, red hots, Mike and Ikes, Hot tamales, little Valentine hearts, and any other box canies should work.  Was there a metal piece of flat spring steel in the back to adjust the height of the opening?  I haven't taken mine apart in years.  I don't believe there is, but I know my Candyette has that kind of adjustment so two products wouldn't get pushed out.

Tim, I haven't pulled my mech out in ages, but I think it was an easy removal.  The mech is a solid block with the rejector on top.

Jeff Wolf, you mentioned earlier about a copy of the manual.  Did you ever have any made?  I'm just interested in any information on changing the price on the coin mech.  I was reading my earlier post and was reminded about the metal guides inside for the coins to travel.  Does anyone know what posititions these guides or bars should be in for different denominations of coin?

A lot of stuff.
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 08:45:53 pm »

I never even though about vending those candies from mine.  Did you have to adjust due to the thickness of the candy boxes compared to a pack of smokes?

Nice machine!

drinking  Tim drinking

Can anyone send pics of how to remove the coin mech from this machine?  I don't want to remove the wrong screw and find a mess of parts on the garage floor!

Tim, Here are a couple pictures, remove the 2 wing nuts and then slide the entire assembly forward and it will pop right out.

David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 08:50:04 pm »

Here is a picture of the assembly out of the machine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: