SMC Discussion Areas
June 25, 2024, 01:28:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gotta love technology  (Read 2726 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: November 21, 2009, 09:01:53 am »

I'm sitting in my ttree stand in the middle of the woods checking the latest posts on smc on my cell phone ....gotta go I think a buck is coming  laugh

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 09:31:10 am »

Turn your ringer off!  biggrin
What was that elephant hunt movie where the hunter's alarm went off on his watch and the elephant charged and trampled him?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 09:43:27 am »

John:
You don't have time to be deer hunting. All those machines are waiting for you to restore. laugh

Rod
Fun-Tronics
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 10:04:21 am »

I miss deer season so bad. It has been 4 years since I have been home for deer season. I can't wait to be home !!! Only 29 more days as of today!!!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 02:37:06 pm »

Be careful with technology. As a Soldier I have seen what happens as technology evolves and how people become dependent on it. I know Soldiers now that can not navigate without a GPS. And a map, I just sit and laugh as they try to figure out where they are and where they are going.

And get this,

Recently a friend of mine had difficulty finding the hotel we were staying in down at the beach. The program they were using didn't have the road we were on programed in it. And this road has been there for decades. And you know what my friend said to me. "You obviously don't have any idea of where you are at, Give me the name of the hotel so I can call reception and talk to them." Eventually I had to meet my friend at a location five miles from the hotel and I showed him on a map where we were staying, and the road is clearly identified on it.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 04:24:40 pm »

I was going into the woods today but will be there tomorrow ! ! !
I use a plain old compass most of the time, along with a few bright-eyes/ribbon to guide my way...

Good Luck John!

Another thing I found, txt will work when I'm waaayy out somewhere and the phone call won't!

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: