SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:42:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody else read this story?  (Read 2821 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« on: December 28, 2008, 11:32:35 am »

Anybody hear this story of the Santa gunman?
http://phoenix.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D95BKU7G2&_action=validatearticle

Truly a sad story! But is our society and legal system to blame in part?
To go on a rampage and kill 9 people over a failed 2-year marriage?? I’m sorry, but a 2-year marriage? – say screw you and move on!

Why does our society and legal system think that a spouse deserves alimony after a 2-year marriage? There were no kids involved! I can understand that a spouse should be entitled to some of the equity that a couple has built up over time, but the buck should stop there! A threshold needs to be established for this legal abuse – a 10-year marriage may deserve a look into some sort of alimony if a certain lifestyle was established or if a spouse does not work, but few married couples these days live on a single income. Sounds like the court waived the alimony payments for him, but it was too late.

I’m not saying that this guy didn’t have other issues because he did – he failed to watch his son many years ago and the boy fell into the pool and suffered brain damage. He refused to support the kid afterward. It sounds like his life was a downward spiral and he just reached the breaking point.

Sorry to rant – I’ll step down now!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:34:49 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:02:26 pm »

Being divorced in the past I can vouch that the legal system sucks. The judge in my case was an idiot and fell for my ex's crap. I should have bought them lunch and after an hour with that %$# he would have changed his mind. Sorry.....The nut case that went on a rampage should get the chair.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 12:30:42 pm »

The nut case that went on a rampage should get the chair.

Just as he failed in life - he failed in his plan to get away with murder!

He had some sort of homemade sprayer that he used to spray high octane fuel around the house with, but a pilot or candle sparked the fumes and melted the Santa suit to his body. He suffered 3rd degree burns and later shot himself in the head. He had a plane ticket to Canada and $17,000 strapped to his body when he was found.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 03:49:56 pm »

I am assuming she was the typical gold digger. She had nothing but a job
making $2500.00/mo. then marries a guy with a house and 6 figure salary. In less
than 2 years is asking the judge for her freedom and $3500/mo. from the
poor S.O.B. who was gullable enough to take her in and marry her.  veryangry
        As more of this story unfolds we will find that her family was coaching her
along, as he calmly waited until they were all under the same roof to take out this
act of revenge on them all.
        I'm not trying to be funny here, but with all this guy was losing that judge
should at least have let him keep his dog.
        Divorce judges have sided with the woman in almost every case I know of,
so it must come as no surprise why men are afraid of commitment. And this could
only get worse if we were to elect a female as President of the U.S.A.
       As terrible as this act was, it may expose the frustration our judicial system
puts on ex husbands and the thoughts that rage through their minds as a result.

Glen
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 04:58:40 pm »

I have had similar thoughts about her family coaching her because I couldn't understand why he took out his revenge on everyone. And I agree he should have been able to keep the dog after all he is giving up!
But this guy was no saint. He had a bastard child with another woman and, while under his watchful eye, the kid fell into a pool causing permanent brain damage. He still didn't feel any responsibility for the child or his well-being, but claim the kid as a dependent on his tax return!!
There is a lot more to this story, but who knows how much will be exposed with 90% of the wife's family deceased.
I just strongly feel that our judicial system needs reform. Lawsuits and settlements are way out of hand. Like I said - if the marriage last for an appreciable amount of time, then there should be some sort of settlement for equity in the house, furniture, etc.  - but 2-years deserves a signature and goodbye - have a nice life!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 05:54:01 pm »

I just strongly feel that our judicial system needs reform. Lawsuits and settlements are way out of hand.

So true!

Like the malpractice lawsuits that force doctors and hospitals to pass those huge costs onto the rest of us!       Where did we go wrong?

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »

So true!

Like the malpractice lawsuits that force doctors and hospitals to pass those huge costs onto the rest of us!       Where did we go wrong?

We did this to our self's, We the People did this and we the people need to stand up and say
No more..
  These lawyers who bring these stupid  lawsuits and these Judge's who let these case be heard
in there court rooms and award these outrage's settlements , we elect these Judges we hire these lawyers that will do anything right or wrong just to win that multi million dollar lawsuit. This mans who killed his ex-wife and her family  we don't know all the detail yet  It sound as if was a real big  A  censored e  and he took the easy way out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: