SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 10:14:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest piece of shop equipment!  (Read 8963 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« on: October 07, 2008, 06:06:28 am »

This is something that I have been desperately wanting to get for sometime now....A full size quality Blasting Cabinet! I've been shopping around for a long time and was trying to find the best bang for the buck without sacrificing quality. I was looking for a cabinet that had a working area of close to 48"x24", three openings, a good light that had protection from the media, foot pedal operated and, a built in dust collector. The thing that was typically making the cabinet a no go was the outrageous shipping or the cabinet met some of the criteria but was lacking in a major area of consideration.

I was goofing around on Ebay and found a company, Greg Smith Equipment, that had an auction listing for a cabinet that I liked and it turns out that they have a location about 60 miles away from me up in Indianapolis! So, I did some research and some comparing of cabinets from different companies like TP Tools, Northern Tools, Bad Boy Blasters and such and found that this one had more for the money and I could go and pick it up for the cost of gas up and back from Indy.

Here's some file pic's of the cabinet.

Brian
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 06:51:37 am »

I'm looking as well, how much?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:58:49 am »

Brian,

Great addition to your tool selection ! ! !
In no time, you'll wonder how you ever got things done without it...

My six cents,

Jim

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:00:50 am »

Great, Looks nice...
I bought mine from TP Tools, it's not as big and no dust collector built in, but it is a wonder How I got along with out..
Have fun with it..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 10:04:49 am »

Looks nice Brian!
Still wanting to get one here, but mulling over the same criteria you had.
I definately don't have room for one that size - down

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:55:28 am »

It costs $799 and they even throw in a bag of Glass Bead media! Yeah, I love blast cabinets. It's my firm belief that if you are going to do a lot of restoring of coin-op or auto/bike related parts, you have to have one.

I already have a cheapy Chinese benchtop cabinet that required all sorts of modifications to get it to work properly. I picked it up at one of those mobile tool shows that sets up at fairgrounds. It served it's purpose while I was waiting to find the right floor-model blast cabinet.

Brian
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 03:59:59 pm »

Nice blasting cabinet.  I would like to get one of those someday but the war department would have me "court martialed" if I did that now.

I agree about Greg Smith Equipment.  I got a great deal on a 50 foot swivel air hose reel from that company.

Tim
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 06:49:40 pm »

Brian,
        Nice !! It just like the one I use all the time at work You gota have one like it to restore anything & Glass bead  is the only way in these . I been waiting for them to forget abought the one at work & it My ? follow me home some day  tounge

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 07:27:20 pm »

I got mine from TP Tools, I believe they are in Ohio. Cost about 1200 bucks with the dust collector but well worth the price! I use mine almost daily for machine and MX bike restorations.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 09:41:26 pm »

Brian and Sodaworks,

You guys should have waited.  darn

wow Look at what I just picked up on E-Bay.  Three original Coke embossed blasting cabinets.  Very rare and all near mint condition!  wow

Only $15,000 each.  The seller told me that only three survived so I bought all three for a cool $45,000.  All the rest were returned to Coke and crushed for scrap!

I am willing to part with two but I am keeping one for myself!  The first two offers $20,000 takes the other two and I will even throw in delivery!

Good luck and bid often!

Tim  biggrin biggrin biggrin
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: