SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 10:26:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything to see in Boston??  (Read 3655 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: February 21, 2008, 11:33:31 am »

Hi Guys

Have booked a flight for myself and the "good lady" for Boston at the end of April..
Its her big 40 and she wanted to go away...

I did try and convince her that Chicago at the beginning of the month was a great place to be but in the end we couldn't get time off work for that.

Have been to Boston before and know it has good touristy things to do as well as great shopping for us Brits (2 dollars to the pound) but I wanted a little balance and fancied rumaging through a few out of the way shops or places.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the vicinity (no car) worth a visit, coin op wise....

Also hoping to get some stuff posted to the hotel to bring back with me. Gumball, Trade stimulator etc.... Wouldn't mind one of those truth boxes if anyone sees one on their travels...

Cheers

Dave
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:32:34 am »

Make sure you wear NY Giants clothing while you are there! I've never really done any sight seeing up in that area. It is a beautiful city.. I have a cousin that lives up that way.. I'll ask her for some suggestions..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 11:18:31 am »

Thanks Ken....

Why NY Gaints gear?Huh?

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 11:26:21 am »

Why NY Gaints gear?

I think Ken wants you to get beat up and/or mugged while there!
Boston is home to the New England Patriots, who lost the recent Super Bowl to the NY Giants.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 11:29:55 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 12:29:50 pm »

And while we're on the subject,  avoid wearing anything that says New York Yankee's    Cool

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 01:26:56 pm »

Right, So nothing remotely connected with New York...

How about my DKNY Jeans...?

Superbowl is football (well not really football but you know what I mean)

How about Baseball is that currently in season?? Would love to see a game of either football or baseball one day.

90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 01:36:35 pm »

Dave,

Major League Baseball opens in April.  You can probably go online to the Boston Redsox website and see if they are in town during the time you are there and then see if tickets are available.  If they are, you could probably buy them on line and have them waiting for you at the "will call" window.  Then, when you arrive for the game, you show your ID and pick them up.  Here's the link to the April schedule...  http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=bos&m=4&y=2008

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 06:53:26 pm »

I think Ken wants you to get beat up and/or mugged while there!
Boston is home to the New England Patriots, who lost the recent Super Bowl to the NY Giants.

It isn't that bad, but you definitely would get some looks... But yes, the New England Patriots and the NY Giants are big rivals and the fans don't generally care for each other.

Kilroy.. that was my original thought was to wear Yankee clothing... coming into baseball season, that probably would be more appropriate.

DKNY is ok.. thats not related to New York really. There is a DKNY store in Boston as well I'm sure.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 07:08:16 pm »

I'm not sure  how Mrs  Birdman would feel  about taking in a baseball game,  but Fenway Park would be  one of my top choices, and  if the game is  dull, watching the Boston fans would be entertaining, especially the really passionate ones.

Maytbe we can find  V81 and have it waiting for Dave  laugh

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 07:35:24 pm »

Lets see you are not rubbing it in about football glare   You can always go down to the harbor and see where they had a huge tea party for King George and see where General Howe jumped on his ships to get out of town when the upstart rebels showed up with a few cannon's. 

Just Kidding,  :biggrin:you are going to one of more historic area's so there should be no end to the historical sites you and the lady could see.  Fenway would be high on my list just to see the green monster would be great. 

aspbear
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: