SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 02:15:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vending Machine Identification Help  (Read 5780 times)
rohovie
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:35:38 pm »

Hello,

I found these two machines forsale.  Can you please help me idenfy them.  The taller one looks like a Vendo-83.  Is that correct?   Does anyone know what one the smaller chest one is?

In the current condition shown,  how much do you think either of  the machines are worth? (the chest is in working condition, the tall one does not work).  Sorry no other pictures.

Thank a lot, Mike
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:46:38 am »

I believe the chest is a GE. I can't tell in the picture. Is all of the chrome trim intact? Finding parts for the machine will be hard to impossible. I don't know on value for the chest. Leonard (Ltransam) will know more about that chest.

The upright is a Vendo 83. Unless you really like this machine I would say walk away from it no matter what they are asking. It is missing the vend door and it looks as though it is missing more inside. It is a hard machine to sell and even the restored value is low.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:07:13 am »

Hello, Rohovie

Josh is correct on the stand-up it's a Vendo -83 Hard to re-sell  But parts arte always out there because not very collectable .How ever the chest is a Kelvinator FS-51 made in Cananda And are NOT common & realy hard to get parts for .I have one that's been Refurbished? Anyway you can find Both under the Soda Machine Area in the main Menu .

Leonard 

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:49:48 am »

OK, Mike
                   I'v looked closer at the pictures you posted . Is the V-83 Complet ?It looks as the Bottle door is Missing ? And you'll need to see if that's all > Now on the Cooler you said it"s in working Condition ? As what ? An Ice Cooler These are suppose to be Refrigeration Units WITH Water bath . Just a couple thing's to think of ??

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
rohovie
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 12:52:15 pm »

Thanks for your help guys,

I really don't know much about the condition of these, sorry.

It does look like the bottle door is missing on the vendo. 

The guys says the chest gets cold, so he says its in working condition. 

So either of these, how much do you think they are worth?

Thank again, Mike
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 03:56:46 pm »

Value of an 83 missing parts? Nothing!
       Maybe the seller can donate it to charity and use it as a tax write-off  help

That Kelvinator looks smaller cause it is sitting next to a big machine. They are
quite large, keeping the value relatively low but can look real sharp when restored.

I have never seen one sell, but something tells me that with the cost to paint
and letter and polish all that stainless steel........I would not pay more than $350.00

Glen
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 10:47:31 pm »

Ok Mike ,

Here's a Picture of Mine after it was refurbished (Not By Me ) The original (Before )picture Jim has in the Soda Machine Under Kelvinator FS-51-S .I have seen a couple diffirent versions with Diffirent Model Numbers & Diffirent doors that Open front to back . I paid just what Glen said $ 350.00 Before Paint & Crome .

Also I notice that the cap catcher Draw is Missing .This would be hard to find >

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
4allofyou
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 12:53:46 pm »