SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 09:41:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay making changes email  (Read 5489 times)
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« on: January 30, 2008, 10:43:47 am »

Got this last night.

Seller Update: Fees, Rewards & Standards
eBay buyers want value and selection from sellers they can trust--and good sellers deserve rewards for delivering great customer service. That's why we're making a number of important changes that may affect you:

Reduced Listing Fees
You asked, we listened. We're reducing Insertion Fees and adjusting Final Value Fees to lower your up-front cost to sell on eBay. You wanted free Gallery, now you've got it--plus more feature discounts.
Lower Insertion Fees
Making Gallery free
Lower fees for Gallery Plus, Picture Pack, and Feature Plus

Rewards for great sellers
There will be discounts and incentives for those who satisfy customers best. Who decides who gets rewarded? Customers do, by giving sellers high Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs).
More search exposure through Best Match
Fee discounts for PowerSellers
Increased protection for PowerSellers

Feedback Changes
Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and showcase good sellers.
Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't.
Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended.

For more details on how these changes may affect you, attend a special Seller Webinar at 10:00 a.m. this Friday, February 1. You may also see announcements from eBay executives on the Announcement Board.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:10:09 pm »

I received this as well.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:19:37 pm »

Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't.

Ok, maybe I've been burned  once too many times  but Ebay  is already hiding  bidders names, which I think now allows more shilling, and  now let's add repeat customer feedback?? Good, so my friends, family and my  other accounts  can add postive feedback on auctions they shilled.
And please explain how  buyers can only receive positive feedback. I understand  getting  bum feedback from deadbeats  or idiots, but I've also dealt with some #$%#% buyers. who need to tagged as bid at your risk.
Sorry,  I'm at work, cranky and tired, and maybe i'm missing something here.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:39:04 pm »

Kilroy,

At the time of your post, your "number of posts" was at 666; so, maybe the devil made you do it...  oh

My six cents,

Jim

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 09:28:09 pm »

Did all of you look at the rate increases?  They are jacking up the final value fees  veryangry !

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 09:35:51 pm »

Kilroy,

At the time of your post, your "number of posts" was at 666; so, maybe the devil made you do it...  oh

Here it is..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 08:22:33 am »

Business is business, but I HATE, HATE, HATE how eBay is trying to tell us all the great things they are doing, when they are actually taking more money from you.  They decreased the listing fees by about 5-10 cents (WOW, you are soooo generous  glare).  But, as Dr. Galaga said, they SEVERELY jacked up the final value fees - over a 50% increase.  So, in the end, they are getting more money.  The masquerade almost cheeses me off more than the increase.

Another thing that has always angered me was how you get nailed for BOTH eBay and Paypal fees, when eBay owns Paypal.  When Paypal was a seperate company, I could understand their need for revenue.  But, eBay bought them a few years ago.  Did we get an elimination (or at least reduction) of Paypal fees - NOPE.   censored censored censored censored

I guess eBay could tell us caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).  Ah, emptor this, eBay. veryangry
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:24:47 am by 90grad » Logged

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 09:50:48 am »

I too am disgruntled about rate hikes, but I also have to think without Ebay, My collection of stuff would not be what it is today... Ebay has assisted me with finding some rare and awesome peices for my collection over the last 15 years... and has also helped me sell and liquidate other collections I've bought and made money on... so I could continue to collect.  So Yeah I don't want to pay more, none of us do.. but also without Ebay I wouldn't be where I'm at today as far as my hobby... as I simpley cant' afford to go to auctions and shows all over the country..

SO I just see it as a necessary evil, just like higher gas prices, property tax...etc...

I could stop using it but then my Collecting hobby would suffer and I wouldn't enjoy it as much or would maybe give it up,, and I don't want to do that...

Just my 2 cents.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 10:21:52 am »

The whole "can only leave positive feedback for the buyers" thing is what gets me.  I talked to a guy the other day and he has 2 accounts.  1 for buying and 1 for selling.
The fees associated with selling are high, but as I sit here at work with no customers coming in the door and being slow for this whole month. The rent still has to get paid and the bills keep on coming in. 
Compared to that Ebay is a deal for selling.

Just my .02
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 10:58:08 am »

Their email really pumps up the fact that they lowered the insertion fee 5 cents but no mention about the 3.5% increase in final value fees.  Yes they are a necessary evil, with empasis on the latter.......... but in the end you have to give devil his due.    ANOTHER THANKS TO MATT FOR HELPING ME WITH THE SHIPPING ON THE JACOBS 26 I JUST PURCHASED!!!!! 

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: