SMC Discussion Areas
April 25, 2024, 06:06:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proceed with caution  (Read 2845 times)
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« on: October 29, 2007, 08:39:46 am »

All,

I just wanted to let you know about a recent experience I had buying a coin mech.  There is a company near LA called Premier Vendors, www.premiervendors.com.  A few years ago, I bought a used Coinco S75-9800 from them.  They sell them for $29.99 each, with a 30-day guarantee and free shipping.  I ordered it and paid via Paypal.  I heard nothing from them for about 2 weeks.  I emailed and they replied within a day or two with the tracking #.  So, I was satisfied. 

I ordered another mech from them on Sept. 23rd.  After 2 weeks, I had heard nothing.  So, I emailed - nothing.  I emailed again a week later - nothing.  I called them and left a message - no reply.  I then emailed a 3rd time  - nothing.  Pretty much royally cheesed, I contacted Paypal and filed a claim.  Paypal then lets the other party know I have filed one.  A week passes and nothing.  So, I escalate the claim with Paypal where they get directly involved.  The rules are if the seller doesn't respond to Paypal within 10 days, I get my money.  Low and behold, the day after I escalate the claim, I receive and email via Paypal the mech has shipped.  They sent this thing Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.  It cost them $16 to ship it, which made me feel good as I screwed them monetarily after all.

The bottom line is be careful if you deal with these yahoos. 

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Pages: [1]   Go Up