SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 11:48:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 44 crank handle jammed  (Read 5268 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: July 08, 2022, 09:23:41 pm »

I am having an issue with my Vendor 44 where the crank handle seems to be jammed.  If I put either two nickels or one dime in it the handle simply won't budge.  To be honest I don't use the coin part much as I have never really found a good way to stock it with 8oz bottles, so most of the time I just open the door and take a soda out.  But, in the past the coin mech has always worked on a dime or two nickel.  I have had issues before where the handle has been stuck down and was given the advice from this group to use a screwdriver underneath it as it does get jammed and this has worked, but in this case I cannot get the handle to even move.  It appears that either the two nickels or one dime are in the right slots, but again the handle will not move.  I will be posting a few pictures.  Any help with this would be appreciated. 
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 09:40:11 pm »

At this point I can only get one of my pictures converted from the HEIF format of my iPhone to a JPEG that is smaller than 300k.  I will see if I can figure out how to get the other ones posted. 
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 08:11:57 am »

Send your photos from your phone to yourself via email & open them with paint & edit their size if necessary  & “save as”  the format you need, jpeg, etc.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 08:14:26 am »

Thanks Johnny, I will try that.  I did though send my photos to my computer via AirDrop and then changed to JPG and tried to re-size them, but I could not get them smaller than 300K.  Let me try to email them as you suggested and see what happens.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 08:17:14 am »

Okay, Johnny, that may have worked.  Here they are: 
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 10:31:33 am »

Does anyone have any thoughts.  If a better description or more pictures are needed please let me know.  Thank you. 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 03:07:26 pm »

Your last picture shows 5 small notches that a spring loaded cog rides over and prevents the handle from returning too soon. (Makes that clicking sound )
But you should have 9 notches visible at the home position, meaning that cog is stuck half way.
Use your screwdriver again to free it up.

Glen
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2022, 03:09:57 pm »

Thank you, I will try that.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 07:56:53 pm »

So I tried to unjam this by using a screwdriver against the small notches, but it won't budged.  Also, even though the notches are showing not in the home position the handle is and will not budge.  Lastly, I have had the issue before that when I pushed the handle down to get it to dispense the handle gets stuck in the down position and a screwdriver has always been able to unjam it.  Any other thoughts would be appreciated.   Maybe I am trying to unjam it incorrectly. 
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 07:02:24 am »

Open the main cabinet door to disengage the coin mech from the drum index unit.
At this point I would diagnose each component separately, the coin mech and the vending drum which could also attribute to this issue.
With the cabinet door open, you may be able to get some movement on the shaft allowing for ratchet paw to be rotated off the teeth in the hopes of resetting the cycle...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: