SMC Discussion Areas
April 24, 2024, 11:41:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81b Drain Line Clogged Up  (Read 2733 times)
taongisurvivor

« on: July 05, 2017, 07:51:45 pm »

Brand new newbie - First Post!!  (That is a euphemism for "Be Kind!!")

I recently purchased a 1957 Vendo 81b and placed it in my beach condo that I rent.  It's set up for a dime so I lose $1 everytime someone uses it, but I factored in $3 a day loss into the daily rent.  Anyway, it's a big hit and I get tons of positive feedback.  It received a restoration 10 years ago and outwardly looks great, but there were several things amiss and I am getting those taken care of.

Now it's the drain line that is clogged up.  I have tried to run a piece of wire thru but the 2 90 degree dog leg turns defeats that fix.  The line itself does not look removable. 

Can I just cut the line off two inches down and discard the rest and attach a rubber hose to make sure the water gets into the drain pan (now on order - the previous owner was using a cool whip container)Huh?

I want to do it right.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:56:09 pm »

You can break the old one free quite easily with a pair of channel locks .  Funtronics sells new drain tubes which come in 2 pieces.  

The first piece is flared on one end simply put the tube through the whole .  A two part epoxy which is part the kit needs to be applied to the flared end which will glue to the liner evaporator shelf.  

The second piece is glue and connected down below to the first piece you install .
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 10:37:39 am »

Iv had luck with a wire & Compressed air from my compressor take a little time but iv managed to free all the ones I worked on

But Replacing it might be better if theres rust on the out sides in the bends 

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:03:32 pm »

To aid in removal, you can carefully drill out the upper fitting using a drill bit just larger than the hole diameter. This will separate the down pipe/tube and the flared top. Remove the flare and the lower pipe/tube and replace...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: