SMC Discussion Areas
April 24, 2024, 12:50:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Huffman banned from business in NC  (Read 15245 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: April 28, 2016, 08:02:23 pm »

http://abc11.com/business/state-takes-action-against-vending-machine-restorer/1312399/

VENDING MACHINE BUSINESS BANNED FROM OPERATING IN NC

Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:57PM
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The company promised to restored antiques, but instead the NC Attorney General's Office says the business repeatedly failed to complete the work or return the goods to consumers. Now, the company and its owner are temporarily banned from operating in the state.

RSince 2012, the AG's office said it received nearly 50 complaints against Huffman. Customers from across the country say they gave Huffman money, but couldn't get him to do the work despite countless promises from Huffman that it would get done.

RELATED: WOMAN WAITS OVER A YEAR FOR VINTAGE SODA MACHINE REPAIR

Wake County Superior Court Judge Donald Stephens signed a temporary restraining order against Antiquities Vending Company and its owner Alan Huffman. According to the order, Huffman cannot advertise or collect payments from NC consumers for antique restoration work. Huffman also cannot take advance payments for machine restoration work in the state.

Since 2012, the AG's office said it received nearly 50 complaints against Huffman. Customers from across the country say they gave Huffman money, but couldn't get him to do the work despite countless promises from Huffman that it would get done.

Any North Carolina consumer who hired Antiquities Vending without receiving their property or a refund is encouraged to file a complaint with the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division. Help is available toll-free within North Carolina at 1-877-5-NO-SCAM. Consumers can also file a complaint online at ncdoj.gov.

Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 08:28:03 pm »

Longggggggggg overdue!

About time!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:42:32 pm »

My thoughts also Bob

I remember posting about him 10 yeas ago when I did battle with him on my cooler and assisted a guy in Texas ,

I tried then to warn people then but was told to let it go .but it seamed  that after my first warning many people posted about issues with him and I'd watch and listen to the same story's about him.

So finely we all may see some Justice !!!  

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:43:51 pm by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:45:59 pm »

I thought all the lawsuits were resolved when his Dad bailed him out a few years ago?  upside

Glen
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:49:15 pm »

Hope everyone gets their money and property back. Also hope he doesn't reopen a year from now under a new name

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:57:25 pm »

Hope everyone gets their money and property back. Also hope he doesn't reopen a year from now under a new name

Or sooner in a different state!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:08:51 pm by brasskey » Logged
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 11:07:36 am »

The attorney general didn't seem to get involved in this until after I successfully sued Huffman in small claims court.  Even though I won, I was out a lot of time and money for travel.  I would encourage anyone who hasn't read my two posts entitled "Why I don't have a Vendo 123 anymore" to do so.  This will give you a good idea of how Huffman has conducted business.  About this same time genudoc was putting a lot of pressure on Huffman and we did share information and I think he also deserves some credit.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 11:19:59 am »

Looks like he has such a great collection and banquet hall.. most of those machines look like survivors (not restored)... what a shame

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 11:26:19 am »

Well, he probably spent the advance money that he received for the machines.  So I'm guessing that he will have to pay a lot of cash back that he doesn't have.  Hmmmmmm, sounds like someone is in need of a liquidation sale.

A lot of stuff.
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 12:05:58 pm »

The way I read this...What's to stop him from doing business anywhere that's NOT in North Carolina??? He needs to be BEHIND BARS!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: