SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 01:53:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paw-Paw's Machine...but what is it?  (Read 15739 times)
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 07:40:55 am »

Love the Dr. Pepper green!!!! Did you machine work on free vend??
Termite

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 05:51:46 pm »

Well, BEA, in short, not really.

Someone has cut some of the wires on that 9-pin harness,

( I had to clean it all up because, when they cut into the harness, they spliced three entirely different colored wires into it and I was scratching my bug head for a minute trying to figure out what was going on because they wrapped all of that nonsense up with electrical tape....which, if you've ever messed with old electrical tape and how much fun that nasty, gummy, slime that it leaves behind.......yeah. Good times),

Anyway, here's what I have...

....and the 3 wires that they didn't cut, (Y/B/P), run up to a switch that was zip-tied up by the coin return lever..

At first, I was hopeful that it might be the "free-vend", switch that ajf5577, and MoonDawg, had mentioned,  but when triggered, all it does is activate the "Credit Relay", which I'm assuming, would be the coin return function...but the relay just clicks and buzzes because there's no coin mechanism in the thing.

Oh well, just like Wile E. Coyote, it's back to the drawing board for this ol' bug.

I went and bought some Dr Pepper in the retro-looking, 12 oz bottles, and moved the shims in the racks around to accommodate them, and I'm determined to drink one ONLY after the machine dispenses it; either using the free-vend switch, (until I can get the coin mech), or via coins if I find one pretty quick.   

**Might anyone have any suggestions as to which wires I could connect to a switch so as to get it to dispense a cold, bottled Dr Pepper?**

I hate feeling like I'm being so darned, 'needy', but I can't find any info on this machine, nor do I know what other machines I could use as a guide..so I'm kinda stuck.

I certainly don't mean to be a pest.

...but, then again, I am a bug. Heh!

Thanks guys and have a great weekend!

Bug

Some days you're the bug,
and some days you're the windshield.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 08:58:15 pm »

I am seeing the 9 pin Jones plug "plugged" into the proper receptacle on the machine. It appears that the little switch should be a free vend switch. When you pull out the plug, the wires that correspond with terminals 1 and 3 should be connected to the switch that you showed. When tripped, the credit relay should trip, which should activate the vend mechanism.
You could also remove that cover from the female side of the plug, and find the corresponding wires from terminals 1 and 3. They should lead to whichever relay communicates with the vending mech.
If you've completed these tasks and still no workie, Perhaps you have other issues in the wiring and that's why they abandoned the machine for the other fridge.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 11:39:58 am »

Shouldn't the can stacks at least have 6-8 cans in them before the switch is activated ??

But I don't know as I SUCK on electric  tounge

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 01:18:15 pm »

Shouldn't the can stacks at least have 6-8 cans in them before the switch is activated ??

But I don't know as I SUCK on electric  tounge

Yes, you need to have a mininum number of cans / bottles in ALL of the columns before the machine will allow a vend from any selection, at least as high as the sold out switches

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »

What Johnie said....
Look in each column and find the sold outside switch in each one. Make sure that there is enough product in each to depress the switches.
Then try it.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Starr X Openers
Termite

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 05:06:03 pm »

(was about to ask that very question...LoL!)

Well peeps, we're making progress!

Everything looked original, untouched, and intact back behind the receptacle for the Jones plug.

But, I did find one of the white wires (in the harness from the selection panel) had been cut also. It was a little tough to find because it was
inside the rubberized wire loom amongst, and behind, all of the other (14,634+  Heh!),  white wires in that group.

But I found it by accident because I saw a little incision on the back side of the rubber harness and being that the harness is clamped-down, there was no way it was cut by anything other than someone with intent. So, I got lucky and just soldered/heat shrunk it back together, and
now we've got actuators, actuating! Yay!, (when the 'free vend' switch and the selection button are pressed/held simultaneously).

Which makes for a happy bug! Huge thanks, again, ajf5577!

I'm guessing that I've got a loading issue because even though the actuator was cycling,
and the cog-wheel was advancing,  I couldn't get the bottles to drop.

But, I only was only using one, of the four stacks

Ltransam, Thank you for that suggestion and Johnny for your confirming that.

*edit to thank ajf5577, again! who posted whilst I was replying,  Heh!

Well, I'mma' go try loading up the other slots, and see where that leads me.

But not before I ask a bug-brained question.

Since the machine was set-up for cans, would it make any difference if I left some of the stacks cans,
or do I need to change them all over to bottles?

Can cans and bottles be mixed in the vend? (Each in their own stack, of course. Bottles, and only bottles, stacked in one, Cans, and only cans, in their own different stack). Cuz if they can't, I'mma have to run to the grocery store and pick up some more bottles.

Thanks guys!

Hope everybody is enjoying the weekend!

Regards,
Bug

(as he heads out, singing...)

"I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper, we're a Pepper wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?
be a Pepper drink, Dr Pepper..."

*chuckles because that jingle is now stuck in the heads of 86,67% of the people that just sang it. Haha!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:08:24 pm by Termite » Logged

ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 10:33:17 pm »

One step at a time and now it's working, wtg!

As long as each column individually has the shim or block that directs the product length, you should be able to mix cans and bottles. There is one way to find out..........

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Starr X Openers
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 09:07:03 am »

Nice machine! Congrats.  happydrinkers
Termite

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 10:54:04 am »

Well, fellas, as great as that plan sounded, things didn't quite work out that way.

I made it as far as buying the sodas, but upon returning from the store, Lady bug stepped-in
and  put a squash to all of it. Needless to say, I spent a glorious weekend, being a good bug and playing
fix-up around her parents house. (I didn't once bring up the fact that her brother, who stil lives there
never even bothered to assist. Grrrr!!).  I *did* pop-off and tell her that if she wasn't so darned pretty, and if she didn't have so many endearing qualities that I adore so much, that she'd be outta' there with a quickness!

She rolled her eyes.....
Hrmmph!!

So, hopefully this evening, I'll have a chance to follow through with all of this.

So tune in later for another exciting episode of Bug's World.
Haha!

Regards,
Love Bug

Heh!

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: