SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 04:25:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie questions about Westinghouse Select-O-Matic  (Read 27474 times)
Gnost

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 07:23:34 am »

I have a service manual that I purchased when I got the machine but I just looked at it and on the cover it says, "Cooler Group lV".  It's 30 pages and there is no step by step guide to removing the panel.  Is there a more complete service manual available?
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 10:27:29 am »

Someone earlier in this thread offered a manual to you. There should be a specific manual for this model.
The front signs are not that complex. I think that a little patience and the suggestions here may end up with success for you. Try gently prying at the bottom, once you try the razor blade around the edges. Be gentle though. IMO the sign is being held by the foam seal acting as an adhesive due to the age, and possibly paint around the edges as previously suggested. Perhaps a hair dryer blowing along the edge may soften things up.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 11:36:13 am »

I have never owned Westinghouse, but some machines have the screw also on the side or top of the frame. You must open the main door to access them though.

Glen
Gnost

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 06:13:30 pm »

Gentlemen, thank you so much.  I took a razor blade and gently went up and down both sides of the machine and, presto, the panel fell into my hands. 
Tkaz, excellent observation on your part.  You were exactly right; someone had painted the gasket when painting the machine and that's what held the panel in there.  Thanks again.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 06:28:05 pm »

Congratulations! Now on to the next step.
Once you replace the light, did you figure out how to change the price?

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Starr X Openers
Gnost

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 06:58:30 pm »

Tkaz was kind enough to give me the link to a website which shows how to change the pricing on the Coinco box.  It looks like it's self-explanatory.  I did remove the box to have a quick look but I did not see the buttons with which pricing is changed.  I assume they must be in the box itself.  Hopefully I'll have time within the next few days.  The machine also needs a good cleaning/vacuuming so I'll address that as well.  I'm really glad I found this forum; you folks have been great (and patient) with someone who's never been inside one of these things before.  Thanks again.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 08:50:55 pm »

The little dip switches are located inside the coin changer. You can see them once you remove the rejector.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Starr X Openers
Gnost

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 11:00:46 pm »

I found the rejector after probing around a little.  Once I found the two tabs at the top of the coin box and removed the rejector the microswitch was right there.  I flipped the first two little rocker switches to get the 15 cent  price I was looking for.  Piece 'O cake.  Thanks again.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 11:49:53 pm »

Glad you were able to figure out both issues without problems!  I tend to poke a little too hard and end up with broken pieces, your patience is valuable!

ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 12:38:16 am »

I found the rejector after probing around a little.  Once I found the two tabs at the top of the coin box and removed the rejector the microswitch was right there.  I flipped the first two little rocker switches to get the 15 cent  price I was looking for.  Piece 'O cake.  Thanks again.

WTG! You're almost ready to run a service route.... biggrin

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel