SMC Discussion Areas
April 25, 2024, 06:19:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo56 squaretop bottle door light help  (Read 20348 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 09:09:28 am »

Cola62, thanks for you response.  I will get it ordered and see what happens.    Thanks again to all of your for your help. 
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 08:38:55 pm »

So, installed the new ballast and no luck.  So far I have a new ballast, new starter & new bulb.  With the original starter, original ballast and new bulb I got a bright light right when I pulled it in, but then it went out and no luck since.  I notice the original bulb (F14T12D) and sticker on the light up support state use a daylight bulb only.  The bulb I got is a cool white (F14T12C).  Is there a difference (even though the cool light did come on initially)?   From what I am able to find out it refers to temperature where a cool white is around 4000K and a daylight is about 6000K.   As always thanks for any help. 
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 09:43:36 pm »

The Cool-white lamp comes with sunglasses & cant be used after memorial day..or something like that.. tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 08:54:22 am »

Daylight, Cool White, Soft White are all just preferences of the glow of the light. Any of these are fine.  You must not be getting power to the ballast if you have replaced everything. I would test the wire to see if it has power to it. You can use a simple light tester if you have one. Test the power source wire coming to the fixture. (Be careful not to let the wires touch each other.) Just touch the tester leads to the hot and neutral wire coming in.  If you have power coming in then it could be your starter holder or the light fixture itself since you have already replaced the ballast and the starter. Be sure all the connections are tight.

Greg
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 09:59:26 am »

Cola62, thanks for the help.  I will check the lines next.  The fact that the light went on initially tells me it at least had power for a short time.  But, i did have to reconnect everything when I put this all back together and so maybe there is just a loose connection. 
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 08:34:49 pm »

The saga continues.  I checked power first at the connector to the jones plug (coming from the light up sign) and there is power.  I then checked power at the fluorescent tube holders/clips and I am getting power there.  I guess I could have a bad fluorescent tube as it was new, but was the same bulb that came up when I had the old ballast and then went off.   I will pick up another bulb and try it next.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 10:51:48 pm »

Good News....one new ballast, one new starter and TWO new bulbs and I finally see the light!!!!  I guess for some reason when I put the 1st new bulb in with the original starter and ballast it must have took the bulb out due to one or both being bad.   A picture is coming, but thanks to everyone for your help.  I have said it before and I will say it again, there are a lot of reasons I got into this hobby but one reason I stay and that is because of this discussion group. 
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 10:54:16 pm »

Here is a picture.  It actually has the marque in it, but you cannot read it due to the glare.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 11:32:57 pm »

Nice to see it up and lit!  Always kind of frustrating and piss-you-off-funny when it's the least common denominator going bad twice...at least you now know the wiring, ballast and starter are all good and parts you probably should have replaced anyways.

I once spent hours under the dash of my 65 Nova after fixing the dash cluster trying to figure out why it wouldn't start, every damn thing checked out...turns out I didn't shift it back into park after moving the shifter out of the way putting the cluster in! 

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: