SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 07:53:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Needed: information on toms snack machine  (Read 8789 times)
Justin W

« on: October 02, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »

I found this machine on CL and I cant find much info on it online?  and they guy lost the key so will the mech work without any product in the machine? Any other way to see if it works without a key?
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 02:48:35 pm »

Machine has to have product loaded to vend.

I have been told that the center column will bend the 6 cracker packs.  The other columns you may have to shim...
Justin W

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:17:27 pm »

Anyone have a pic of one of these with product in it? 
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »

Anyone have a pic of one of these with product in it?  

I don't think a picture would help.  Basically you have to put something in the slots that fit.  If not you have to shim the extra space so it can vend property...
Justin W

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 12:14:38 pm »

Dumb question..... How do I open it?  The only thing for a key is just the storage cabinet.  There is a hole on the side with what feels like a release but nothing budges.  Im assuming this used to be where the key was and it turned and moved this release but I cant see how.  Anyone have a pic or explanation of the inside so I can see how it is supposed to work? 
Justin W

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 12:15:59 pm »

I can find a schematic or anything of the locking mechanism.
Justin W

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 12:28:36 pm »

Cant
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »

Well a small LED flashlight and a dental mirror will be your new best friends. Should be able to locate the locking bar. Slide it up/down whatever it takes to free the door. May take some time Use PB Blaster to free pivot points.
Pictures of your vending mech. Will help as well. Best of luck.
Creighton
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 06:50:53 pm »

I used a long flat head screw driver and had to work the locking bar ( inside) up and down while sliding the cover up and down.

It took a while to figure out the locking bar since you can't actually see it.

Once the glass cover removed the cover the coin mechanism should be free and on the right side.   With the main glass cover removed where you see the coin bezel move it the right.

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,13334.0.html
Justin W

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 08:52:34 pm »

Thanks guys!
Got home from the kids soccer games and couldnt stand not being able to get inside this thing.   As usual It just took a little more elbow grease than I was using at first.    Since I couldnt see inside I was afraid of bending or breaking something.  I can find virtually no information other than pictures of the outside of these machines anywhere.  I did stumble across some original patent pics and info that helped me understand the locking bar mech a little more since I could see inside.  The mechanism has a link that if it gets turned the wrong way and the machine get closed this way it makes the release on the side opposite of the key not work as well.

Once I got it open the thing works like a charm.  And you dont need product in it for the vending mech to work.  It worked perfect empty.  Did these machines also use the weights that sat on the top of the crackers and peanuts to push em down into the vending mech?  I'm missing those so if someone has a picture  like I'd appreciate seeing what the originals look like.

In case anyone cares here are the links to the patents with diagrams filed by William F Shepherd in 1951 for the vending cabinet, vending mech and cabinet structure.  They helped me understand the inside of the machine better while I was trying to get inside of it.
http://www.google.com/patents/US2738049
http://www.google.com/patents/US2757060
http://www.google.com.bz/patents/US2738102

Justin
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: