SMC Discussion Areas
April 24, 2024, 10:44:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke vending machine made by Sielaff gmbh  (Read 4342 times)
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« on: August 30, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »

Whats the skinny on these?  I have searched this forum along with the internet in general but havent turned up a whole lot.  What i did find leads me to believe they are not that collectable.  This might be one of those cases where rare doesnt mean valuable.  I ask because the gentleman that I bought my V63 from has one in his shed in near perfect condition.  It looked new to me, just mayble a little dusty from storage.  He worked for Coke for 30+ years and held onto a few items that were in nice shape before the distributer he worked for crushed them.  He said they were just tossed away (along with truck loads of roundtops) and brough to the scrap yard.
It has the original stand/cabinet (his garage was lined with these cabinets) with keys which most if not all the examples online I saw lacked. 
Any value here?

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 05:10:09 pm »

useful, yes, collectable, no.  Though in 50 yrs I may be proven wrong

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 05:39:42 pm »

I like them because of what they are smaller office / waiting room machines . I have look local for one with the  roll around cabinet in nice shape and working .but none close  oh
There not worth much even on e-bay . I think the nicest one I've seen only brought 250 and it was Supper Clean .

But I'm still looking  tounge

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 08:16:10 pm »

I've seen a few, one or two fairly close to me. If you simply must have one, watch for brittle and broken plastic-especially on the doors holding the soda. Parts are likely to be very difficult if not impossible to find.
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 08:26:46 pm »

I've seen a few, one or two fairly close to me. If you simply must have one, watch for brittle and broken plastic-especially on the doors holding the soda. Parts are likely to be very difficult if not impossible to find.

Yes, he mention that the doors were sometimes forced open and often found broken.  This one doenst have that problem.  I dont really need it.  Its interesting and would actually be usefull in the house because its small, but I was looking at as a quick flip.  I dont think there would be anything quick about it though. glare 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: