SMC Discussion Areas
April 25, 2024, 02:11:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Vendo 39 and a Newbie  (Read 34149 times)
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« on: August 27, 2014, 07:01:06 pm »

Hello folks,

Here it goes for a first post.  I am going to look at a Vendo 39 in the next couple of days.  The owner said he thinks "it doesn't work".  I need to find out exactly what he means by that.  I assume it doesn't cool.  He wasn't sure what type of machine it was other than an "old coke machine".  It has been inside in a barn (literally, with animals and stuff) for 25 years.  They say no dings or dents and its all there and complete.  They sent a couple low quality cell phone pictures to me and I looks pretty decent, but then again I'm a noob.  I'm sure a trained eye will see better than mine.  So on that note what do you think?  
Here are my concerns:

1.  No key. So I will be buying this thing without looking inside.  This seems like its last thing you would advise, but I doubt they are going to let me drill the lock until     its paid for.  

2. Rust.  Is there a trick to look for rust in problem areas without opening the main door?  The "belt line" looks fine in the pics, but its hard to tell.

Thanks! -Pat
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:11:53 pm »

Welcome to the site Rusty!
        You found a good one, and a true barn find.  happydrinkers
        There is a 99% chance that compressor is just fine.
        Any rust is also probably just minor.
        This will clean up fantastic so we would advise NOT restoring it.
                                Good Luck!

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:45:44 pm »

Welcome to the site!  Nice find, hopefully it looks as good in person.

Looks like at least the vending drum is inside looking through the door in the second pic.  Same with the coin mech, at least the bottom section is there since the handle is there.

Being in a barn, I'd advise against plugging it in before really checking out the wiring, mice tend to chew the wires up and you'll probably find a nest or two in there once it's open.

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:15:57 pm »

Welcome to the site

I concur with the above comments . Nice looking original clean with mild soap&water check wiring looks like a new bottle door seal would be needed
But it looks complete

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 08:51:00 pm »

Looks solid and as stated the drum is there... Rod and Janet sell keys so don't drill the lock if you buy it.
(Use that you can't open it to see if it's all there to your advantage when talking final price)

There will be a number along the lock edge get that number to Rod and Janet (Fun-Tronics sponsored here on the site)
and they can make you a key from their master set.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:56:59 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 08:51:29 pm »

Thanks for the replies.  I'm hopeful.  I was a little concerned that it had a bad repaint somewhere down the line from some weirdness near the coin door hinge in one of the close-up photos.  Now I think its just the original paint that is worn away along where condensation may have collected and run down the front of it.
If I pick this up, would you recommend drilling out the lock and replacing it with a new one, or have locksmith make a key and keep the original lock.  
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »

You can get a key from Fun-Tronics... there is a lock number on the lock edge they will have one for you so no need to hassle with drilling.

Eric

WANTED:
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »

I didn't see eric's post before I asked about the lock.  That would be great if I could get a number off the lock cylinder and simply buy a key.  I will try that for sure.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 08:55:17 pm »

No problem.. that's a Classic machine... good luck and welcome to the site... you'll be buying more! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:56:52 pm »

Welcome to the site!  Nice find on the 39... drum looks to be there based on the bottle door open pic....

Amazing that RUSTYGOLD name wasn't taken yet on the site!  Nice name!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: