SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 02:39:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Went on vaca and picked up a few things....  (Read 5056 times)
SVOGator

« on: July 16, 2014, 12:41:12 pm »

Just had to have em all.

The 81 is just too nice for me to restore on the outside, so im just going to restore the internals, clean up the cooling unit and put new insulation in.  Its in great working shape and was 100% complete.

The MS pump....not sure.  I kinda like it the way it is...thoughts ?

I know I read a lot on here about the coin op machine, but is anyone into vintage mini bikes ?

The Minitrail is already torn down and parts list has been created for the resto. Im excited.  In the last 5+ years of collecting mini bikes, this is the first reasonably priced & complete one I have come across.

The Rupp Black Widow came with a rod thrown through the side of the HS40, but it too is complete.  NOt sure what i want to do with her.  The deal i had slated for her fell through...but now Im getting an itch to keep it.   

Oh well.  At least my winter project list is full  biggrin
SVOGator

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:45:42 pm »

The Mini Trail 50 Not sure what the year is yet.  I believe its a 69/70 KO...oh well, its cool either way
SVOGator

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:49:03 pm »

The Black Widow.  I have had plenty of Rupps and this is the first barn-find Black Widow i have ever had the opportunity to purchase.   Its growin on me indeed.
From the tires, to the cables to the Dellotoro carb...
jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 01:17:43 pm »

Nice haul. Congrats.

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 07:50:14 pm »

Pretty sweet vacation. Congrats

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »

Nice stuff !!!

And yes I believe that a member(Sodaworks)  here is in to mini bikes maybe ? I'm getting older. So I gorge a lot LOL   smile

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 11:09:49 pm »

Pumps like that look great with a little added bling. I say wire it up and light a globe and throw a few door signs on it and it would look killer.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 02:32:26 am »

Great scores!!
Have not seen a Rupp Black Widow in a long time. Thanks!
There is one at the bottom of Lake Wilson in KS. Fell off the back of my uncles ski boat.
I was 12 interesting weekend.
Sodaworks is more into the larger bore rally bikes But with any luck he will chime in.
Creighton
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 08:55:05 am »

Just had to have em all.

The 81 is just too nice for me to restore on the outside, so im just going to restore the internals, clean up the cooling unit and put new insulation in.  Its in great working shape and was 100% complete.

The MS pump....not sure.  I kinda like it the way it is...thoughts ?

I know I read a lot on here about the coin op machine, but is anyone into vintage mini bikes ?

The Minitrail is already torn down and parts list has been created for the resto. Im excited.  In the last 5+ years of collecting mini bikes, this is the first reasonably priced & complete one I have come across.

The Rupp Black Widow came with a rod thrown through the side of the HS40, but it too is complete.  NOt sure what i want to do with her.  The deal i had slated for her fell through...but now Im getting an itch to keep it.   

Oh well.  At least my winter project list is full  biggrin

I've been trying to learn pumps lately and that one is basically the same as the wayne 80. M&S 80. I'm finding that it is a popular pump, probably one of the more popular of the more "common" small pumps. They make a script top for it that really pops makes it very popular. (you can buy repop or find original) I've seen a couple done 100%... wow, they look great.

Tim
SVOGator

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 08:32:34 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.  It was a great trip indeed.

I say wire it up and light a globe and throw a few door signs on it and it would look killer.

Yeah, Im thinkin yer right and that is the way to go with it.   
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: