SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 03:10:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Denied Refreshment on a USS 8-64  (Read 5968 times)
Rob_Feature

« on: June 25, 2014, 07:42:10 am »

I'm still a total noob, so am trying to understand what the different parts are responsible for:

I drop in my coin, I hear a 'klunk' (which sounds like it engaging to vend) but the selection lever is still locked (I also get no additional lights, but that may be burnt bulbs, not sure yet).

What is responsible for the unlocking of the selection levers?

I just put all my wiring back in the machine (See this topic) so it's possible I mis-connected something.  Below the bottle stack there's 2 switches.  I think the one on the right is (somehow) for the coin mech because when I disconnect it the coins all fall through (is this the magnet?).

Not sure about the one on the left, but I had to guess on the polarity of the wires when I reconnected them to it (so maybe they're wrong?)

Thoughts?

---------

-Bob
SodaNoob w/ a Westinghouse WB78 & Cavalier USS-8-64
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 08:35:15 am »

Unlike the CSS style bottle stacks, the USS does not have it's product easily visible through the glass door.
To prevent a customer from losing money from of an empty row, a small lockout plate sits behind each selection knob.
With a bottle or can in place, that vending cycle can be completed.

Glen
Rob_Feature

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 09:13:18 am »

Wow, I NEVER would have figured that out Smiley  I'll drop a bottle in tonight and see where I land.  Thanks!

---------

-Bob
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:02:47 pm »

Not sure if it's been mention  before, but bottles need to be loaded neck in first

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Rob_Feature

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 01:19:01 pm »

Weird...why neck first?  I was loading them the other way so far Smiley

---------

-Bob
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 08:20:26 pm »

They go backwards so that the vending stack is compatible with cans and bottles.  The sold-out flap that locks out an empty row is at the front to accommodate the shorter cans. 

I redid the loading instructions that were found on the inside of the door, you can download the full-size from the downloads section on the main site page.

Rob_Feature

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 06:49:27 am »

Yeah, the more I thought about this the more it made sense.  Nice jpg here....is there one somewhere for the wiring diagram that's above it on the door?  If so I might actually replace both of mine Smiley

---------

-Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: