SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 03:30:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 8-64 Wiring Diagram?  (Read 9299 times)
Rob_Feature

« on: June 23, 2014, 08:39:09 am »

So, I pulled my cooling system out to get it repaired (thanks JohnieG!) but now I realized I dont have any kind of wiring diagram or anything else to help me ensure the wiring goes back in the right places.  I hear its all 110v (ie. no transformer) so that should make it a little easier, but I dont want to mess anything up.

Can someone give me guidance on reconnecting all the wiring harnesses correctly so I dont blow stuff up?

---------

-Bob
SodaNoob w/ a Westinghouse WB78 & Cavalier USS-8-64
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:20:43 am »

If you pulled your compressor unit out, you only disconnected the 2 black power wires that plugged in to your junction box.
They are marked on the box as "Line". All other wires will be marked by color as well.

Glen
Rob_Feature

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 09:48:20 am »

Well, I didn't realize how much I had to take out so I had actually pulled the wire junction box as well (and most of it's wires Smiley  That means my front door and my rear plugs (below the bottle rack) also got pulled. 

I see there's wire colors on the junction box but they don't really seem to match any of my wiring (plus some wires are still jumpered from one to another)

Are these all just 110 AC with a hot and return to each point?  So I can pretty much just look at the junction and make sure hot is going to all the hots and return is matched with the input return?  Or is it more complicated than that?

---------

-Bob
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:15:55 am »

Clean those wires Rob......they are all color coded.  laugh

Glen
Rob_Feature

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:54:47 am »

Clean those wires Rob......they are all color coded.  laugh

Haha...alrighty, will do Smiley

---------

-Bob
Rob_Feature

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »

OK, I may be dumb...not sure Wink  Got 3 problems, here's a pic:

1.  My first problem is I can't figure out how to match the colors on the box with the actual 'port' they're associated to.  There's 8 inputs on each side of this box, and no matter how I look at it, I can't see 8 'colors' listed for each side or understand how they line up with the ports.

2.  I'm assuming the 2 master inputs are indicated as 'line' on this...but which inputs do these map to?  Not sure...see #1 Smiley

3.  Finally, these colors don't relate to my wiring colors. For example, in this pic you can see that a pink wire in plugged in (maybe to the 'orange' slot) but there's no 'pink' at all on this.  Looks like this was rewired?

Any ideas?  (hopefully this shows why I was looking for a diagram)

---------

-Bob
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 03:44:12 pm »

Let me dig around on my other computer, I have some good photos of the junction boxes and a copy of the wiring diagram.

Update, here's one, this is off a Cavalier USS, but there is no difference

As for the wiring diagram, the colors don't really align, but if you can follow where each wire goes to, you should be able to figure it out
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:18:09 pm by tkaz » Logged

Rob_Feature

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 05:00:11 pm »

Wow.  tkaz you're my hero, thanks so much!  This is now SUPER easy to solve....you rock!

---------

-Bob
Rob_Feature

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 05:34:24 pm »

Darn.  I THOUGHT I was going to be all set...but I just realized there's no line inputs shown in this photo.  Which ports would the line go into tkaz? 

I tried reading the diagram but I still dont see how that diagram relates to how it looks when everything is actually plugged in like in your pic.

---------

-Bob
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 06:08:34 pm »

On your picture of the junction box, the word 'Line' indicates where you will connect your black compressor wires, to the same terminals as the blue and purple wires.

Glen
Rob_Feature

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 06:16:22 pm »

On your picture of the junction box, the word 'Line' indicates where you will connect your black compressor wires, to the same terminals as the blue and purple wires.
First, thanks for the reply...I was about to 'guess' and plug it in but caught this first...an omen for me to hold off, maybe.

I see what you mean, MoonDawg, but compare my pic (with the word on it) to the pic tkaz posted...I can't figure out any relation to the order of the words on the box to the order of the wires (or their colors) when everything is plugged in.

Basically all the wire colors are wrong (on both my and tkaz's machine), plus the ordering on the box doesn't make alot of sense.

So I'm still stumped here.

---------

-Bob
Rob_Feature

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 07:14:47 pm »

OK, for the record, I'm really impatient which is why I also break things often Smiley  Luckily I figured it out by using my best guess based on the diagram.  In tkaz's pic, the hot line goes into the top left port (next to the blue) and the return line goes into the bottom left port (next to the black). 

I think these machines must have a different schematic than what's posted here because it doesn't resemble the layout shown in the diagram at all.

Thanks for everyones help...now I just gotta get the vend switches figured out Smiley

---------

-Bob
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 07:19:14 pm »

Guess I was a little late, but you're right on the ports for line wires.  I finally dug up the photo I took from the machine itself.

What's going on with the vend switches?  There is only one microswitch at the bottom of the stack along with the vend solenoid.  Pretty easy to figure out.

Rob_Feature

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 07:30:59 am »

YES!  That's apparently what I needed tkaz...mine was totally worn off the door and this explains things perfectly.  Thanks for posting...I'm sure this will help someone in the future.

PS:  I posted my vend issue over here in the vend section, thanks for asking!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:42:58 am by Rob_Feature » Logged

---------

-Bob
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: