SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 12:26:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten pounds of stuff in a five pound bag  (Read 6778 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: May 31, 2014, 09:19:34 pm »

Earlier this year I saw a Genco skee ball and decided that I should buy it.  It was close to my buddy Leonards house so I asked him if he could pick it up for me and store it for a short while.  Well that was a few months ago.  Originally, I was going to ship it until I discovered they wanted $900.00 (the alley is one single nine foot piece).  So I had to wait for my son to finish his school and off we went to visit Leonard.  I just thought I'd show a few pictures of how we had to get this thing in my minivan.  It was rather comical.  We had to dismantle the front seat while trying not to deploy the airbag.  We managed to get it in and then we cooled off and bs'd for a short time before the ride back.  We had great traffic there and back and it only took a little over eleven hours to complete.

Thanks again Leonard (aka Ltransam) for picking it up, storing it, and helping me get that beast in the van.  My wife thanks you too for picking up all the Barqs red crème soda (they don't sell that in Chicago).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:28:46 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:22:44 pm »

More pics.  I brought an extra seat and we drove back as if we were in a bus.  The driver up front and the passenger in back.  Another great surprise for me was when my son had to use the washroom, the gas station had sugar Dr. Peppers in bottles.  I bought his last eighteen, but at gas station prices.  That's O.K., it beats a road trip to West Jefferson North Carolina.  biggrin

A lot of stuff.
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 10:06:46 pm »

Cool story.

Please tell me at some point the person in the back slid a bottle to the driver using the alley.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 06:45:28 am »

Great job. I love the extremes we go to for our hobby.

Can't wait to see it all togeather.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 10:30:44 am »

Please tell me at some point the person in the back slid a bottle to the driver using the alley.
It would be better if it were slid though the ball return.

Larry - do you have a pic of it assembled? What year does it date to?
I want a bowler someday! Nine foot long is a good size.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 11:40:40 am »

Actually, there was a bottle in the car.  biggrin  I just didn't open it for the ride.  I used the hole for the balls as a cup holder and the side rails made a good arm rest in the front and in the back backseat.  

It was nice that my son drove the first 200 miles back.  I had him take that shot of me driving because when I was in the backseat looking forward, I was like damn that thing is big.

I believe it is from the mid to late fifties.  I brought the backglass in the house today and after it gets to room temperature I'm going to seal it with some Krylon triple thick.  I have a full can that is probably four years old.  I assume it should be fine......

I'll take some pictures once it is all together and in place downstairs.

A lot of stuff.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 01:13:54 pm »

Love the pics! And a great story for your son to tell on you for years to come... Congrats on the new addition! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 02:25:32 pm »

You got a nice machine Larry. I got to check it out over Easter weekend when I was down to see Leonard. As usual I'm a day late since I went to see Leonard yesterday and pop a compressor in his neighbors cooler. I missed Bonovox by a day the last time I was down.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 03:42:33 pm »

Haha great !! It's amazing what many uses a mini van can serve ! Cool game too !

Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 08:45:18 pm »

great story love road trips with my sons to pick up machines.always have a great time
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: