SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 05:47:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMC Concerns for Change: PLEASE READ ! ! !  (Read 53919 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« on: February 08, 2014, 09:56:58 am »

Hello everyone,

Soda-Machines.Com has grown exponentially over the years with many new faces/names and plenty of long term residents spending their time sharing knowledge and expertise in this great hobby of Soda Machines Collectibles!

With this said, I have become concerned lately with the direction Soda-Machines.Com Discussion Areas appears to be headed! The recent topics relating to business practices of restoration professionals and/or parts suppliers has escalated to levels that I deem inappropriate! I am not justifying their actions; only stating that SMC Discussion Areas will not be utilized for venting frustrations with any parties involved in business transactions outside the scope of Soda-Machines.Com! I have always requested people to use diligence and care with regard to selecting any type of professional!

Additionally, I have a growing concern for members being disrespectful to each other! I am not going to infringe upon anyone's Constitutional First Amendment Rights; however, I think we should all respect everyone's opinion! We may not agree and can respectfully disagree, but please do not get into a "pissing match" at/on the SMC Discussion Areas! It will not be tolerated!

At the end of the day or early morning for some of you, we all enjoy visiting Soda-Machines.Com provided there is no bickering, complaining, whining or any other non-contributory squabbling... We all need to keep Soda-Machines.Com & the Discussion Areas a valuable resource with education at the fore-front! All of our sponsors support Soda-Machines.Com with enthusiasm for ensuring this hobby to move forward and grow while attracting new collectors.

Thank you for listening to my concerns and hopefully we can stay focused on the future...

My six cents,

Jim

jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:03:40 pm »

Well said Jim. 

As always I appreciate all you do for SMC and how you've helped me in the past

Keep up the good work and thanks for posting this!!!!!!

Jeff

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »

Sounds great lets keep it clean and respectful.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
toolbox

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:54:33 pm »

Thank you Jim for emphasizing your direction for this site. I personally believe you’ve hit the nail on the head. Educating and attracting new collectors IS the future.
No other site out there even comes close to offering the services for a collection group that your site does, and, I think I’ve looked at most, if not all, of them.
Keep your chin up and have a good one.
Ted
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »

hello jim thankyou for everything you do for the site.totally agree with your direction for the site. thanks jared
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 09:19:05 pm »

Thanks for such a great site Jim.

Sometime's a ship needs to be set back on course...........

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:26 pm »

Well stated and again I appreciate everyone's help up here..

aspbear
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 03:18:47 pm »

This is a great site, thanks for all the hard work
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 04:11:29 pm »

Jim,

First and foremost, thank you for the site that has served so many people over the years.

I have been a member of SMC for 10 years now and I am significantly less involved with the board now as I was a few years back.  Tons of weekend warriors that want to make a buck on this hobby has been the recent trend and I am growing a little tired of it.

I have said before that the "flippers and amateur restorers" should have their own board.  I have no problem with people making a buck.  However, I am am more interested in the machines and era  itself. It seems that there are less and less true hobbyists here, and more of those who want to live their lives vicariously through Rick Dale .  I truly admire and respect those individuals who make their complete livelihood on doing restorations.  They have gone "all in" and I realize there are easier ways to make a living.

I wish there was more enthusiasm for the  actual machines , rather than a means to make money.  I'm not whining. Just making an observation

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain