SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 07:13:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More info needed on this 7up cooler  (Read 26763 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 11:06:13 am »

I'm one of the 27 views. i didn't reply because I didn't know what the machine was, so left it to those who do.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:07:50 am by Kilroy » Logged

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 11:24:57 am »

Somewhat ridiculous to blame this board. It's a big world out there so you have no idea if even another person was involved. Just because a seller stops communication with you, that can mean a variety of things, doesn't have to filter back toSMC.

Either way, good luck to you.

You are right in that I don't know for sure what happened but I have gotten a flood of PMs (since I posted this morning)from many different members who all echo the same thing. If I offended you or anyone else I do apologize because that was not my intent. They have all said that this type of thing is not unusual to happen and that in the future I need to be much more careful. I will.....   

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 11:37:07 am »

I'm one of the 27 views. i didn't reply because I didn't know what the machine was, so left it to those who do.

Thank you Kilroy, I appreciate it.

Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 11:48:08 am »

I posted Picts for both my machines before I contacted the seller. I got really good advise form the members and I'm very thankful for the help. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I live far enough in the sticks to minimize this stuff. I also view a lot of posts without commenting because I like to see what's out there. I figure if you guys can find it I can find another someday.

Don't let your experience sour you on the people here. I'm sure there's some shady people (always are) but most are great and willing to help noobs like me.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »

Autobon7

Sorry to hear that .

But WOW I would have NEVER thought to do the checking profile thing .
Very Sneeky  censored

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 03:33:22 pm »

I posted Picts for both my machines before I contacted the seller. I got really good advise form the members and I'm very thankful for the help. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I live far enough in the sticks to minimize this stuff. I also view a lot of posts without commenting because I like to see what's out there. I figure if you guys can find it I can find another someday.

Don't let your experience sour you on the people here. I'm sure there's some shady people (always are) but most are great and willing to help noobs like me.

Depends on what you post! If its a 5 out of 5 for rarity and pretty desirable you might get blindsided.
As well autobon, there are MANY who frequent this board who do not contribute anything, (they come on as a guest) and look to see what people are posting etc.... SO, it might be a person who is not even a member of this board, but one who uses the board as a tool in their search.
In saying that, I'm glad you understand that one bad apple (experience) does not make the board, and there are MANY good people on this site.
Another cooler / machine will find you... they always do  happydrinkers

There are 1255 members, with over 1000 of them newbies. Over 850 have 10 posts or less. I'm thinking there are a lot of the guests that are technically members!!! An if I recall correctly, as a guest I don't think I could see pictures. Is that still the case?   

Tim
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »

Yeah that's why it's best to post a machine after you have unloaded it from your vehicle... There are some great members here and then there are the
lurkers-folks not necessarily members but someone popping in to see what someone else may have found... We have got some serious pickers on here that
find good stuff... So there are people always stopping in to see what's the latest find.

What I do now is when I find a machine I contact a few buddies (members here) that have knowledge of
the machine or cooler, shoot them a pic, and see what they think...
Never post a live auction or machine for sale you're really interested in... It will hurt your chances.

I use to post pics of machine or coolers that someone on here would be looking for thinking I was helping out..... and most the time it would end up in someone
else's hands... So I am where if I know someone is looking for a certain model I PM them direct... You will get to know who likes what and who's looking for whatever...
Me - I'm looking for embossed Quikold Coolers in Standard and Junior size! (Plug)  smile

You didn't work for AT&T did you?... They sent my entire department to India (outsourced)  I had 18 years.... Now I'm freelancing... not the greatest situation but
I'm surviving...
Hang in there... Don't stress.... It's a new year... That perfect job (and machine) is out there waiting for you!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 03:55:27 pm »

All good advice, but I don't know anyone that is knowledgeable about machines so I have leaned on the board for advice. Now I know to be cautious.

I did not work for AT&T....worked for Graham Packaging, plastic bottle manufacturer. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement concerning the job situation. 

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 03:58:31 pm »

Yeah...it happens  

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 04:01:23 pm »

Wow johnnie, those special effects a real Hollywood-grade stuff.  tounge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: