SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 07:40:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More info needed on this 7up cooler  (Read 26764 times)
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« on: January 14, 2014, 04:04:36 pm »

Not sure if I'm in the right forum because I have no idea what year this is. Just need to know more info....approx year, good or bad machine, what you can see from the pics. Seller said it works great but he does not give more info and said it has not ran in a while  hopefull. Just looking to be informed about this machine.....he is quite a drive from me and don't want to drive it twice if I can help it. He has not been eager to get info from the tag. Last, maybe an approx value. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:29:24 pm »

Hey.
  Autobon7

It's a True single door .Im don't think it's embossed .Nice little cooler but people want Victors I could not give you a value on it because they don't come up much . I think Eric Global Compressure has one

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »

if you don't buy it, I would love to buy it. You can reach me at cokecolaman at Comcast dot net. I'm not sure of the value, but I know I like the smaller coolers.

thanks,
Ron

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 08:42:13 pm »

The book value in Classic Soda Machines is $1200 in "average" condition. There was a similar one in Pepsi that was bid up last year for well over $1200 on eBay. I can't remember the actual price.

And don't forget his definition of average is basically a non-cooling machine that is mostly complete, needs paint and isn't rusted out.

Tim
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:50:24 pm »

I like the shape myself, reminds me of a roll-top desk or part of a sidewalk mailbox-but not in the same way as a Jacobs machine.  biggrin
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:23:34 pm »

That is a great looking little cooler. I would buff it out, polish the stainless and it would look awesome. My eyeballs tell me it has to be worth at least $1,000, more if cooling.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:53:36 am »

Call this a rookie mistake  darn or call me stupid. It was brought to my attention last night that I should remove my post to protect my potential buy. That there are some folks that will see that this machine is rare.....look up your profile, find where you live, search, contact seller and take you out of the running. By the time I got the message and tried to remove my post I got an error message and said I couldn't but I believe it was too late at that point. I had 27 views and no responses and it was suggested that was because some (not all) folks were busy trying to figure out who, what , when, where, and how they could get this machine for themselves.  Ya know what......one guy must have been successful because the seller mysteriously cut off all communication with me and this morning pulled his ad that he has had up for a few months (off and on). The only reason that I didn't inquire here before is because I lost my job (my place of employment for the last 24 years shut down) and the seller early on was asking more than I had. This week he dropped the price and also was willing to barter so I felt I had a real shot. I'm sure most of the folks here are fine and wouldn't pull that kind of underhanded move so this will not keep me from coming here but it will keep me from posting a sincere "help me identify" BEFORE I have machine in hand. I want to thank those of you who responded because I doubt any of you would post and then "go to work for yourselves". I want to thank all you who are decent , honest, understanding,  and not low down......folks that read my post and didn't respond but did the RIGHT thing by doing nothing. I want to thank the member (who shall remain unknown) that PMd me warning that this may happen. Thank you much my friend....I didn't see your note until it was too late, but thank you for doing the right thing. And to the 1 person who did not do the right thing and essentially sucker punched me......I could say all kinds of things that would be all kinds of wrong (I sure feel like it though), instead I'm gunna pray for you because my God says we are supposed to be forgiving. I'm gunna pray that this will be the last time you do something like this. Some of you may feel differently about this and call it free game because I was not smart enough to recognize what could happen. I respect that. Never again. I will continue to come here and enjoy the projects and ask tech questions because I feel that at least 95% of everyone here are awesome people. However I will be MUCH more careful moving forward and protect my interests. This machine would not have been a keeper (under a different circumstance yes) as I have yet to find a job and sure could have used the money made on this unit to help pay bills that are stacking up as I type.

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 10:18:04 am »

That's pretty messed up. Start by removing your location from your profile, all they have to do is a craig's list search within a couple of hours of you. There are a lot of members here that show their true colors when it comes to the hard to find stuff or money makers. There is a lot less community here then you think.

The book is not that expensive when you get back on your feet and is a great resource.  ebay completed auctions is free, but with the best stuff it wont come up because it comes up so infrequently so you have to keep an eye on stuff to get an idea what its worth when you get the chance.

Tim
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:38:52 am »

As well autobon, there are MANY who frequent this board who do not contribute anything, (they come on as a guest) and look to see what people are posting etc.... SO, it might be a person who is not even a member of this board, but one who uses the board as a tool in their search.
In saying that, I'm glad you understand that one bad apple (experience) does not make the board, and there are MANY good people on this site.
Another cooler / machine will find you... they always do  happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 10:57:55 am »

Somewhat ridiculous to blame this board. It's a big world out there so you have no idea if even another person was involved. Just because a seller stops communication with you, that can mean a variety of things, doesn't have to filter back to SMC.

Either way, good luck to you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:47:38 pm by johnieG » Logged

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored