SMC Discussion Areas
June 21, 2024, 03:07:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grapette Cooler  (Read 8797 times)
jagrutzi

« on: October 02, 2013, 09:00:44 am »

I have tried to post this picture 2 times and nothing I do seems to work, so maybe third times the charm!  I bought this cooler at a garage sale.  I have scoured the web looking for information about it when I found your board.  This is in pretty rough shape, but I am sure it can be resurrected, I just don't know what it is supposed to look like.  Is there supposed to be front and rear panels and was it refrigerated or just an icebox.  Any advice is welcome!
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:22:53 am »

Nice embossed cooler.  I am sure others will know the answer.  This is the closest I found.  I suspect it did not have refrigeration.  Would look great restored.

Greg
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 11:03:02 am »

Welcome to the site.  I do believe you have a Quickold standard cooler, great find!  happydrinkers

But lots of embossed letters to paint, besides any rust and body work may be a little overwhelming for a first restoration.

While it may look cool restored, Grapette is not as recognized to the general public as Coca Cola.

In fact, there are only 2 guys in the country that I know of, that would tackle an offbrand cooler like this........

Eric or TomFromJersy......both members on this site.

Let us know when your first coin operated machine arrives, we'll help you get that up and vending.

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 02:28:39 pm »

Nice cooler.. Yes it's a standard model made by Quikold, Fun-Tronics has new gasket you will need and may still have a cap catcher which is also missing...
you're missing the base and casters..... no motor or cover panels on your cooler.... On the Embossing it would say “DRINK” in the upper left side and “Close to Nature” in the lower right side.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 05:37:52 pm »

nice find, at a garage sale too!! I am in the process of restoring a couple of these coolers as well, would be happy to answer questions...

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:04:14 pm »

Got to love those garage sale finds. Congrats

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
tomdee

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 01:15:01 pm »

I posted this a while back, but I found a quikold standard close to that except the doors are sliding.  I have had the tub remade and the metal powder coated.  I am looking for an opener and a cap catcher.  it almost looks like on the  original unit that it was one piece.  The two screws where it looks like the opener goes are 7/8" apart and the two studs in a vertical alignment are 4-3/4" apart for the catcher.

Any thoughts on what would work?
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 03:36:52 pm »

Your cooler is a master size... original openers are hard to find but a Grapette embossed StarX opener would work and look nice.

The cap catchers pop up from time to time on Ebay... these are a closed top style... Here is what that catcher looks like...
this is a flip top lid but same size cooler and as yours...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 07:33:19 pm »

Jagrutzi
  As Eric said, it's a quickold standard. The good news is you have the bottle opener, that's great. I may have an extra Standard base, but I'm in the process of moving. Feel free to pm me with your e-mail and we'll keep in touch.
  TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
ZiaDan
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »

I have the correct cap catcher for sale. I will post a pick of it later.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: