SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:16:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never Forget  (Read 5608 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« on: September 11, 2013, 09:53:30 am »

Woke up this morning and looked at my phone and saw the date.  I can't believe it's been 12 years since that attacks that took place on our country.

I hope all of us can take a few minutes today to remember...
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:19:31 am »

Amen.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 12:06:21 pm »

Still remember every minute of that very long morning...........my brother in law had just started as a cop in Arlington VA and his first real assignment was to guard the Pentagon after the crash there...........Still get tears in my eyes thinking of that day
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 12:38:53 pm »

Most people haven't forgotten and never will. As far as the elected go,,,old news. Sad
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 03:07:41 pm »

I had just graduated college that May and was scheduled to start my job across the street from the WTC the following week.

I was a volunteer firefighter at the time and we tried to go in and help but we were turned away at the Lincoln Tunnel and went to wait with all the other volunteers at Giants Stadium.

Was a long sad day.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »

I had just graduated college that May and was scheduled to start my job across the street from the WTC the following week.

I was a volunteer firefighter at the time and we tried to go in and help but we were turned away at the Lincoln Tunnel and went to wait with all the other volunteers at Giants Stadium.

Was a long sad day.

and I salute you and others for your effort.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 08:10:54 pm »

The date crept up on me as well. I've been so busy with the start of school and our Back To School night was tonight that I didn't think about it until I went to bed last night, but of course I'll never forget it.

I was talking about that day with my 13 year old while we were eating dinner after his baseball game tonight. He's pretty aware of everything that happened even though he was only a year old at the time. On 9/11/01 I was in my classroom (one of the outdoor "trailers" we had at the time) with my third grade class. The counselor came out with an email in her hand from the school district. She said, "Don't say anything or react, just read this and bring your class inside". I think it basically said that two planes had hit the towers, it was thought to be terrorists, and that all classes should be brought into the main buildings. We didn't have the amount of instant info we have today (and even today it can take a while before I know something has happened when I've been in an elementary school all day), so info was trickling in. The school is only about 15 miles from the Pentagon, so a lot of parents and staff members were worried about relatives and friends. Parents were picking up their kids, but not in droves. We kept the kids busy and everyone was calm. It was more surreal, but there were a few staff members who I know were very worried about spouses. They held it together though. I think a few may have left and we covered for them. Man, when I think of it a lot of it is a blur now, at least up until the point when I got home. It took a while and we had to wait a while after the usual dismissal time. I remember just wanting to get home to my wife and son at that point. At the time I had a bit of a commute and I remember how odd it was driving I-95 without rush hour traffic. The roads were quite desolate at that point because most people had gone home early.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »

I will never forget that day.  Probably the longest day of my life.

Tim
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 08:24:14 pm »

Growing up, I had heard my father speaking about where he was when Kennedy was assassinated.  Since 9/11 I have understand what he meant.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 08:48:42 pm »

Very, very sad day. For all those affected, and how it truly changed things here in this country. I visited the Memorial about a month ago with my nephew, and it brought tears to my eyes just being there. I saw the first tower after it was hit, and watched the second one collapse. It was a tough day many will never forget.
  TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: