SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 10:29:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dixie Narco 312?  (Read 5044 times)
theredfro

« on: September 04, 2012, 07:48:06 pm »

Hi guys,

This is my first machine, so please forgive any moronic things I say/ask.  I just picked up a Dixie Narco "DN-312/180-6" from a friend of mine.  It runs well and the coin mech works most of the time, although I will probably be switching it over to free vend.  (Funny enough, I set it to charge .05 per vend, and it gives .25 change on .25, .10 change on .10, but no change for a nickel...)  A light fixture was added, and the bottle opener has been covered up with a new front panel (sheet metal or fiberglass?). 

I can't find information on this machine anywhere.  I've found a few pictures of the same model as 7-Up or Dr. Pepper machines.  Are there any other Dixie Narco machines that use the same parts?  Specifically, I need sold-out lights, new buttons, part of the T-Lock base?, maybe a light that will fit the original fixture, and a coin box.  I'd love to switch it over to some brand of root beer, Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, etc. but the sides are covered with some type of Coca-Cola sticker/decal. 

Also, a general question: what uses most of the power in these machines?  My Kill-a-Watt indicates this will cost about $215 per year, or $17.67 per month.  I'm just wondering if I add a switch for the light if that will cut the cost significantly, or if the compressor uses 99% of the power. 

Oh right, and the pics.
theredfro

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:49:55 pm »

And a couple more pics.  These show the inside.  The first shows evidence of the bottle opener, and the second shows the new light fixture installed and the lack of a proper coin box.

I'd love any feedback.

Thanks,
Josh
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 08:40:29 pm »

Welcome to the board!
May take a day or two but folks with later model DN's should chime in.

The light won't matter a whit on current draw. Having good door seals and keeping the machine full of product will reduce compressor cycle time.
Creighton
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:42:28 pm »

for sold out lamps for this model try over at http://www.veii.com also you can plug the compressor into an air-conditioner rated appliance timer & keep it off when you are not home & late at night, just turn it on again about 1-1/2 hours before the time you wish to have cold sodas ready.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:52:02 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
theredfro

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 09:30:22 am »

The appliance timer is a great idea.  I ordered one this morning.  

I went to veii.com and their site isn't very easy to navigate.  I found a few things I think I need, but being a noob, I'm not exactly sure what the "T-Handle Body Flush Mount" is and there is no description nor a picture.  I can't find the selection buttons either.  Mine measure approximately 2.25x5.25 inches, and I can't find any on their site that say they are close to those dimensions.

There is a seller on ebay selling sold out lights, but they look a little different than mine.  Are these pretty standard for most DN machines?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310409614209

Thanks for the suggestions,
Josh
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:59:58 pm by theredfro » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: