SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 03:05:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 4586 times)
drfting1

« on: July 26, 2012, 07:19:06 pm »

Just wanted to say HI to everyone and kind of introduce myself, My name is Bill, from Hamburg NJ, always had a fascination with old coke machines, always get that old school general store feeling when I see one, well I've restored a few old cars in the past, now I'm just hooked on these old classic machines. was out riding my bike a few months ago with my girlfriend, came across this garage sale and there it was, an old Westinghouse junior. the guy wanted $200 for it, wasn't sure if it was a good price or not, but I was in love with it. left him what I had in my pocket and was back in a couple hours with the rest of the cash and loaded it into my truck. ordered a couple small parts she was missing (still looking for a good tub), got a replacement lid from a member here (thank you again) don't remember name, lost the card that was packed with it, stripped her down to bare metal, body work, primed, base coated her with a nice older dark coke red, painted her letters, and clear coated her, clear coat was hardly even dry when I came across my next project...a very nice vmc 44....(already starting to think about what I will do after that one) so I guess that qualifies me as officially hooked.
   So I joined this group after seeing all the useful and interesting information posted by the members with tons of experience with these fine machines, The junior was basically simple and a great starter, now moving on to a coin operated one, will be interesting since I know nothing about how it operates, but I look forward to learning as I go with the help of all this information that has been shared with this group, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions and hope to be able to share some of my experience with others and receive feedback

Bill
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 07:53:11 pm »

Welcome......I'm not sure were Hamburg is, but I'm centrally located in Bordentown, alittle south of Trenton. This is a great Board lots of information shared by lots of great people.
  Tom

A.K.A.    TomFromJersey

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 07:53:39 pm »

welcome aboard!   biggrin

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
sodahere
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »

Welcome one more guy from jersey always have machines for sale I am in bernardsville nj
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 08:07:39 pm »

Good Folks up your way... welcome! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 11:17:55 pm »

welcome aboard, just out of curiousity, if you dont mind me asking, where did the 44 come from? I live close to you and I recently looked at one and was hoping the seller would be calling back. If you got it then I know to stop waiting. Thanks
drfting1

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 08:42:09 am »

Hi, got it from a gentleman in east orange last week, hope it wasn't the same person....he didn't mention that someone else had interest in it

Bill
Bigfoot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 08:50:42 am »

Welcome
I just joined the site as well.
I'm a picnic cooler guy.
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:28 am »

Welcome!

Vendo 81