SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:38:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hated my Username  (Read 5476 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« on: July 09, 2012, 10:00:04 pm »

Noticed a couple weeks ago that I went past the 3 year anniversary of registering for the site. Still a Newbie, but much more educated than  once was.   At the time i had to pick a user name and just typed in ILikecoinOp.  Seemed reasonable because I do like almost anything coin operated.  At the time I had no idea this was more of a community than a forum, I also didn't foresee finding it so enjoyable for so long.  As I continued to follow all the posts and actually took on my first restorations, still in progress, I realized I couldn't have picked a more generic name since on this site EVERYONE likes coinop.  So to celebrate crossing over to 4 star, 25cent member status, I'm going to change my name.  I know there are several Brians on here already, but another never hurts and I like the more personal touch.  Looking forward to making Jerk status in another 3 years!

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:57:01 pm »

perfect!  biggrin

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:45:54 am »

Brian,
I'm glad you found SMC to be informative!
Moreover, the original goal for creating SMC was to have a "community" of people from around that country sharing the same interests that could communicate in every aspect of the hobby...
With people like you and the many others out there that frequent SMC, share their knowledge, help each other in numerous ways & some even meet for dinner at Chicagoland each year; I think my goal has been fulfilled ! ! !
Everyone, a toast on Brian's behalf to many more years of collecting & collaborating at SMC ! ! !
 happydrinkers happydrinkers happydrinkers happydrinkers

My six cents,

Jim

MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 05:52:11 am »

happydrinkers happydrinkers happydrinkers

To many more years of this socially acceptable addiction!!!

Tim
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:45:26 am »

Yes Brian, I know what you mean. When I registered I just used the same user name as I do on other forums. I thought that I would pop in to get a few questions answered and then split.  The split part did not happen. I may not post every day, bit I do check out the new posts just about every day. This is more of a community or even a long distance club. I have met many members, done business with some members, and even visited someone's house to see their collection when I was on vacation (along with sipping on a cold soda from one of their machines). I am hoping to make it to the Chicagoland dinner someday so that I can meet a few others.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:47:25 am »

I liked your name, but I better be careful on what I say....the last time I commented on a name, other than my own, I became Grady.  My kids ask me why my avatar is a black man.  I just tell them because I am Grady. biggrin

A lot of stuff.
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:02 am »

I just tell them because I am Grady. biggrin

"Good goobly goop!"  - Grady Wilson

A bit of TV trivia...  The character of Grady Wilson was named after the real name of the actor playing Lamont Sanford, Grady Demond Wilson.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:18:07 am by 90grad » Logged

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 04:24:56 pm »

gotta love sanford and son

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 04:47:08 pm »

Yes Brian, I know what you mean. When I registered I just used the same user name as I do on other forums. I thought that I would pop in to get a few questions answered and then split.  The split part did not happen. I may not post every day, bit I do check out the new posts just about every day. This is more of a community or even a long distance club. I have met many members, done business with some members, and even visited someone's house to see their collection when I was on vacation (along with sipping on a cold soda from one of their machines). I am hoping to make it to the Chicagoland dinner someday so that I can meet a few others.

Amen..I used an old AOL account name I had from 14 years ago. I figured I'd be on this forum to ask a few questions and then never get on again. Whoops!

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 09:56:30 pm »

Huge Thank You, to Jim for creating and maintaining the site. Hell of a lot work and time/money invested.
Has been great to see the expansion of members and friendships made.
Very cool that if someone needs an item halfway across the world it happens.
Creighton

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: