SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 02:51:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My purchases over the last several months  (Read 5605 times)
ArcadeMemories

« on: April 15, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

Hi everyone,

Been super busy with work and life in general, so its been a while since ive had time to visit.

But, that hasnt stopped me from picking up a few items here and there.

Nothing too exciting or rare, just a few coin-ops and some other things to go in my gameroom/polebarn.

Heres what i got:

Gumball/Peanut Machines: (2) penny machines from the '30s... one all original ...one has been painted....(1) 10 cent machine from the forties all origninal

Soda Machine: (1) Ideal 55 generic yellow pepsi machine with missing cap catcher and coin mech.

PullTab Vendor: (1) Winners Choice Lucky Lotto PullTab dispenser from the '80s I believe.

Arcade Machine: (1) Mrs. Pacman game in an original Pacman Cabinet

Hotdog Cooker:  (1) Gold Medal Dogeroo Rotisserie Hot Dog Cooker with Bun Warmer

Video Slot/Poker Machines: (4) Cherry Master style 8 liner machines from late '80s-early '90s... (2) working...Cherry Angel and Magical Odds...(2) non-working project machines.

Heres some pics...forgive the quality they are from my phone.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:06:59 pm by ArcadeMemories » Logged
ArcadeMemories

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »

More pictures..

Note: The Hot Dog cooker is not actual cooker... mine is a used one found on craiglist, but picture is of a new stock photo.

Also I forgot to take pictures of Cherry Master Machines.

thanks for viewing.
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:42 pm »

Welcome to the site!....see you  have been busy! looks like you got some cools stuff ..... I like your Mrs. Pacman , Cherry Master machines and of course the Gumball/Peanut Machines...... I'm into coin-op myself.   So of course  "Other Coin-Op's" is my favor part of this site.   Would like to see some pics of the Mrs. Pacman!  what kind of shape is it in?

Ray

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:20:54 am »

Nice Ms. Pac Man!!   

I love old arcade machines having grown up in the 70s-80s at the height of "video arcades".   

About 7-8 years ago I built myself a MAME cabinet since I could not decide on a single game to play.   Cool   I still find myself spending an hour or so playing Joust and Galaga every so often. 

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
ArcadeMemories

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 06:30:38 pm »

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I love old arcade games too.  I was born in '75 so i have some really great memories of being in some little local mom and pop arcades in the '80's.

I guess i wasnt real clear in the description of the Ms. Pacman.  Its an all original Pacman Cabinet that someone had taken out the Pacman PCB and replaced it with a Ms. Pacman PCB.

The Video Poker machines i just picked up last friday after work.  A Guy had an ad on craigslist that said he had 4 machines and he thought that one of them worked and wasnt sure about the other 3, but he only wanted $50 for all 4.

So I was alittle skeptical because the price was so cheap.  I kind of figured that they were junk and he was just  wanting someone to haul off his trash for him, but I gave him a call anyway.

I told him that id gladly give him $50 for the working one, but really wasnt interested in the others.  But, he said no i had to take all 4 for the price.  Turns out he ran a laundromat repair/service business and they came out  of a local laundromat and been sitting in his warehouse for the last 3 years.

After a few minutes on the phone with him with me trying to get just the one working machine, he says "I'll tell you what, If you come tonight and pick up all 4 machines you can have them for free, but it has to be tonight and you have to take all four".  Apparently he had 2 large delivery trucks coming  to his warehouse that weekend and needed the space.

So long story short, I went and picked up all 4 got them home and plugged them all in.... 2 of them came right on and worked great without even cleaning them up, even the dollar bill accepters work and they accept the new bills.  The 3rd one comes on but the dollar bill accepter doesnt work and a few of the buttons are unresponsive.  The 4th wont even power up, I believe the power supply is toast.

Pretty sweet deal though. Heck, he even loaded all of the machines onto my trailer with a forklift, I didnt have to do anything.

Just had to drive about 25 miles each way. So I was only out some gas money and a little time.

cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:14:44 pm »

You have some great items good job . I am glad to see some one under 40 collecting

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest