SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 03:52:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Soda Machine Reference Book  (Read 29540 times)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 05:55:49 pm »

Well I like The Ideal Of a New Or Updated Book !! And I know That I would Pay $100 Bucks for it . I have the Second &Third Edition Plus a Copy Of Steve Ebners Square Corner Price List

But My Only Concern Is I like The Rare Secton Or Off Brand Machine That are in the Current ones . And I 'd Like To See More (Shame less Plug  Like My Delf 122 -2 drop and My Kevinator FE-S-51 Canada Cooler ) And I'm Sure there are Other That Might Have Different New Found Machine .

But Please Let Me State I know NOTHING !! In what it would Take To do this But I would Be Appreciative of the people And there Hard Work .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 06:08:58 pm »

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin badges"!  (from Blazing Saddles) .  Ok...maybe we do if the copyright gods have their way!

I think printing a periodic (yearly?) insert sheet would be the way to go.  Maybe sending a yearly SMC newsletter with it in it?  I would buy one/subscribe for sure!

Also, I like Moondawg's suggestion of how to grade machines in more than 2 categories.  Would help on both the buying and selling end.

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 06:17:04 pm »

I'm Not Sure On Glens Ideal .Because What About The Rare /Different Model Value Huh?
I mean I know It's What You Get For it . But Can't We Do a Little Better Or Even Note That It's Only An Estimate

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 07:35:33 am »

Here is an off the wall idea-- What about creating another forum here called price guide. People could list purchase or sale prices with the area they are in.. no discussions following the posts to clog it up, no stories, etc. Prices do vary from area to area. No copyright infringements, variety of machines, etc.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2011, 07:57:55 am »

I like it Ken!

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2011, 09:11:06 am »

I like the idea of someone working on a new book and getting the help of all of us to showcase our own rare machines, input on current values, etc. I think a new book is long overdue. The Walters book is a great book, but it's over 10 years old and so much has changed with the hobby in that time. I really fell like a book again with sections like Jeff did is needed. Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, 7UP, all other and so on. It's a great book, but how many people would love an new updated one! Tons!!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:19 am »

You would have to be careful with the Coke ones. I have given it a lot of thought about doing a book. Here's where it's at. Do I do a book all on Coke machines, or a book on all machines. So I did some research. I have a licence with Coke, so it wouldn't be hard for me to do a book on all Coke machines, but would have to get the OK from Coke and then pay them royalty. For me to do a book on all models would get Coke's feathers ruffled. They didn't tell me no, but was not going to like it if I did one on all models. I have lots of books, and fliers and adds on machines I have collected over the years, so I have a lot of info to create a book. So not sure which way to go???  upside

I believe Coca Cola would probably try and put the brakes on a new book.

Jeff Walters had to quit publishing calendars because Coke didn't like it for some reason.
       Dinuba Dan was producing six-pack picnic coolers in several soda flavors but when he tried to get permission to do them in Coke, they told him OK..........as long as he discontinued all other brands  darn
       Probably best to use the resources we already have for price updates.

Glen
d.swanson

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 04:55:57 pm »

Here's a company that claims to offer it as a .pdf:
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_234_238&products_id=679

Classic Soda Machines by Jeff Walters. 3rd edition, 324 pages. 1999.

INSTANT DOWNLOAD in high resolution (400dpi), full color, PDF format. Fully word searchable. File size 103mb.

This is the bible for Classic Vending Machines. If you have or are interested in acquiring a Classic Vending Machine, this book is for you!

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 11:17:45 pm »

Note it is $10.01 for the download. WTF 10.01 :-)
Creighton
jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2011, 10:07:12 am »

Sorry I have not chimed in on this topic until now.  I did purchase this one for 10.01 and saved it to my flash drive.  All you need is Adobe Acrobat reader. I purchased mine back in the summer when I first started looking for this book and have had no problems with it. Keep in mind that once you purchase it you only have about 2 opportunities to download it. My first try I actually lost connection and it told me that I only had one more attempt to download it. Just keep that in mind. Also takes about 50 mb of storage space. Was hesitant at first since I did not know if these guys were legit or not so I took a leap of faith giving my credit card and have had no issues with theft, etc.

If anyone here has any questions let me know......and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!

Jeff

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: