SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 07:37:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 110 value  (Read 41118 times)
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« on: September 10, 2011, 06:29:34 pm »

I've always wanted a 110 and this came up for sale. They think it's worth $2000 but no one it biting. It's in great condition (cools well, coin mech works, no major dings or scratches, no visible rust, etc.). Would be great without restoring. What's top dollar for this? Thanks.

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:34:37 pm »

I would say somewhere between $400 - $800...
It looks pretty clean and little elbow grease, rubbing compound, waxing would bring this machine back to it's original splendor ! ! !
How's the interior? Any signs of rust there or where condensation could have caused issues...?

How much is the refrigerator next to the V-110...?

My six cents,

Jim

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 07:37:05 pm »

Wait to get another opinion on this but if it is a very very nice complete working original the value is usually around that of a restored machine. I would say around $1,350 to $1,500 would still be a good deal. But remember if you are buying to resell the 110 can be hard to sell. Although in my opinion it is a great looking machine but it is rather big and the woof framing makes them prone to all kinds of problems from sagging doors to rotting from the inside out. I would personally rather have a nice original than a restored machine anyday. Any machine can be restored no matter how bad it is and nice original survivors are hard to find. I also personally like its size. It is big enough to hold a huge amount of bottles and stands out but not so big that it takes up the whole room.

My pricing is just my guess. I suggest you see what others say first.

Jim posted while I was writing mine. I guess I am way off.
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 07:40:44 pm »

It looks pretty clean and little elbow grease, rubbing compound, waxing would bring this machine back to it's original splendor ! ! !
How's the interior? Any signs of rust there or where condensation could have caused issues...?

Thanks for the input Jim. Interior is very clean. No dirt build-up or rust. I inspected it pretty thoroughly and saw no signs of rust anywhere, even under cooler where condensation would form. Don't think the unit next to it was for sale but I'll get some info on it.
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 07:44:39 pm »

Thanks loman4ec. I told him at the beginning of the week that I would pay $800 tops. This is after he said $2500. I didn't hear from him all week after I went to check it out, but I emailed him today to see if he would negotiate. He just fired back at $1200 saying he just wants to get his money out of it. Not sure if he's saying that for more money or if it's true. It is truly in great shape.
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 07:47:40 pm »

Jim, are you interested in old refrigerators?  If so, let me know and I'll send you a couple pics of two that we'll have in the auction I posted about on a different thread.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 07:48:41 pm »

I would think it is worth $1,200 if the paint is really nice. I think you could get your money back out of it easily. Especially if you wait a while and the economy gets better. As these machines get older the prices of the 81's and 44's will get higher and higher and I think the Vendo 110 will get in higher demand. It already has quite a lot over the last 20years. I remember when I was a kid and my Dad was doing machines and you could hardly give away a 110. If you like the machine I would go for it. I know if I was looking to buy and I found that machine locally I would go for $1,200.
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 08:54:03 pm »

$1000 - $1200 if I liked it and wanted to keep it...$700 if I was only going to flip it.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 09:33:47 pm »

its a nice looking machine 1000 would be top for me. thats in the lubbock area? machines like that are few and far between here in the midland area

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 09:32:59 am »

If you plan on keeping it, then pay what he's asking for.... in the long run, the way I look at it, if the difference is say 3-400 difference from what you want to pay to what hes asking,.... and if you have the machine for the rest of your life, then really (depending on your age lol) its like an extra 10 bucks a year to enjoy a GREAT LOOKING MACHINE!!! If  that machine were for sale in my area for 2500... it would be gone before the guy hit enter on craigslist!!!

ENJOY IT!!!!

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: