SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 11:32:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: quikold standard double cola  (Read 5413 times)
jnord

« on: July 23, 2011, 08:03:36 pm »

Just found a double cola quikold standard that belonged to my great-grandfather.  I am trying to find out what the top decal on the back of it would have been, the bottom decal is a quikold, and where I could find relicas of both decals.  Also, I am guessing the the cap catcher would have been the box color, but not positive.  I have posted a couple of photos in the photo gallery under private collections and labeled it double cola quikold standard.  Any info about this would be greatly appreciated as this is new to me.  Thanks.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:44:00 pm »

Welcome aboard!  happydrinkers That is a nice looking cooler.  The Quikold decal should be available from one of the sponsors of the website.  Try Fun-tronics at
http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/

Not sure what the other sticker would have been but we have a few Quikold afficionados on the site.

drinking Tim drinking
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:26:57 pm »

If you ever decide to part with the cooler please let me know, I'd be very interested in purchasing it.  Thanks
   TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
jnord

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 08:14:50 am »

Going to order a capcatcher and gasket from funtronics this morning. The decal they have is not the same as the quikold on mine so will wait on that.  Hopefully someone will be able to point us in the right direction.  Thanks.

Sorry, not selling.

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 09:00:46 am »

Crow River Trading has the decal that you are looking for:

http://www.crowriver.com/decals/dc347.htm

Make sure you post pictures of the restoration along the way!

drinking Tim drinking
jnord

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 05:51:24 pm »

Thanks, Tim.  I will get it ordered.  Now I need to figure out the top decal but hardly any left of it.  Looks like the middle may say Bondrite, but not sure because just going off marks where the decal has worn off.  Thanks again for your help.

jnord

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:18:09 pm »

OK- so we think the top part of the top decal says 'PROTECTED BY Bonderite'.  It is a circle decal and is 2 inches in diameter.  Anyone know if decals are available of this?
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 09:30:51 pm »

Crowriver's decal is the one I made... it's the correct decal though it isn't water release as the originals... it's pressure sensitve.. so close enough... the cap catcher would be white like the rest of the machine.. lids and base red... the other decal was probably something a vendor stuck on it as there aren't any other decals that were placed on these coolers... I'm one of the Quikold collectors on this site.. love these small off brands... you have a great cooler, and nice that it's from the family.
You're lucky as Rod just had a few catchers made and they are exact copies. I believe they are all about spoken for. He's the only one who produced and carries the gasket too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:34:30 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
jnord

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 11:37:24 am »

Thanks for the info, Eric.  Would powder coating the quikold be the right thing to do?
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 07:08:09 pm »

Maybe the liner... but I vote no on the entire cooler... how is the liner?...
I would trace the embossed logo, scan the tracing, have a vinyl masking made of the tracing...
after the body work and primer, shoot the red paint, apply the masking, shoot the white (I'd go just a little off white so it's not so “cold/generic” looking) peal off the masking and perfect painted embossing!
Here's one of my Quikolds... That's how I painted the letters...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: