SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 07:35:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: projector  (Read 25768 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 05:44:18 pm »

I know nothing about these but wouldn't you just move the projector closer to the screen until the picture fits?

Or move the screen closer to the projector! biggrin Cool laugh  I was the AV guy in 6th grade!  But it was all 16mm projectors, overhead projectors and filmstrip projectors back then!

drinking Tim drinking
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 06:56:31 pm »

I know nothing about these but wouldn't you just move the projector closer to the screen until the picture fits?

Yup.. There is a max and min distance that will work, but moving the pj will change the size.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 02:09:59 am »

With this projector though you have to do a lot of adjustments to change the size of the screen. I am not sure what exactly I need to do yet since I have not had a chance to configure it but with the 3 different tubes that project 3 images that have to overlap to create the right colors I have to have it set up for the correct distance to get the images to line up. Lots of adjustments with this one.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:53 am »

I imagine that one is a bit more involved to set up.. All the ones I've played with have color wheels..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 09:15:22 pm »

Scaleblower, there is normally an alignment screen with rows of "+" sign when all three guns are in alignment the "+" will be white, if you see red, green or blue  a gun two are out of alignment.  here's some  links that may help you out  http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm  http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_29.shtm

Ray

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 11:53:43 pm »

Thanks for those links! That site is awesome for these things. I messed with it tonight and have the thing projecting a focused image. Just got to work on getting them the right size and shape now. I figured though that it would proboly be best to do that after I got a real screen that did not have things blocking the image (like the basement wall).
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 09:08:39 pm »

I have the projector about 50% set up now. There were some adjustments I had to do to the stuff on the back of the tubes but was not sure on so I asked some people I know who are pinsetter mechanics how to do it since they work on the scoring monitors which use crts and they explained to me how to do it without getting hurt. Just got to get my friend over to help me set the rest of it up and then I will be ready to go as far as a projector. Also need to find some stuff for a snack bar. Would love to get some equipment set up like a popcorn machine or a drink machine.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 05:47:39 pm »

Just figured out this weekend that the adjustments that we had been doing the last few times were a complete waste of time since we were adjusting all 3 images at the same time. We now figured out how to do each individually and I have the red and green tubes almost 100% aligned. After I fix the left edge of the screen I can start on the blue tube and get it all set up. Then I will have to work on the image for the other input so that I can hook my computer up to it. Darn thing needs the image configured for each one of the inputs. And I need a new DVD player since mine does not want to read discs anymore.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 11:50:20 pm »

It works!  biggrin My friend came over today and we spent 5 or so hours working on it and fine tuning the image. We have it almost perfect (there are a few slight problems with the grid but you can't see any problems when projecting a movie) and I am so excited! Can't believe that after so many days I finally have the darn thing working! Next steps are to find a stereo that I can hook the DVD player up to and then hook the drive-in speakers up to, build a screen, and get some concession equipment (just something I want to do. Love an excuse to buy new toys  biggrin ) Will let you guys know when I get further along on it. Just ordered tron off of amazon and hope to watch that first. Should be a lot of fun
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 08:08:18 am »

Bed Bath and Beyond has a popcorm popper that will fit on a counter for $79. Looks good, not as  cool as a full size one, or a minutpop, but several thousand $$  cheaper

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: