SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 07:25:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Response about Rumors regards to Mr. Soda (Jeff) long reply.....  (Read 2784 times)
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« on: June 17, 2010, 09:52:03 pm »

Ok all, Since there are a few rumors flying around I'm going to comment on the record about what has transpired with Jeff and his collection. I mentioned to him about the rumors, and told him I felt compelled to set things straight.
   For starters, Jeff has been one of my closest friends for many years. He is a good Husband, Father, and Friend. He is one of the most kind-hearted people I know, eager and willing to go out of his way to help others.
   Jeff's entire collection has been sold. It has been dispersed to several high-end collectors. The Syphonmix was in the first group to go. It has already changed hands atleast once, and I'm 90% sure that it's currently owned by an auction house in the Atlanta area. It is the only one known in existence. Everything else is now in the hands of other collectors.
   Jeff has collected other things in the past, got into Coin-Op stuff, and will probably interested in something else in the future. Right now, his focus is on his family, where it should be. There were some financial concerns when the economy started going south, but they wound up being unfounded. He and I have discussed his collection in depth, and how he felt about it. I can say without any doubt that Jeff now feels like a tremendous weight has been lifted from his shoulders. He used to spend a great deal of time and energy looking for the next piece for his collection, something really rare, really cool, over the top. Without his collection as a distraction, he focuses on the true treasures in life. Wish him well. No more rumors please. If something must be adressed, come to me and I'll be glad to respond appropriately.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:26:25 am »

Tom,
I do not think anyone here meant anything disrespectful. Some people choose to invest in stocks & bonds, some choose vintage coin-op or autos, some choose real estate and yet others invest in women. Some pay off and others don't!
I can (I think) safely say that everyone here wishes Jeff health, happiness and a long life! We loved all the pictures of the cool finds, unusual items and would still like an album created on SMC of his collection. He made everyone jealous!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:00:45 am »

Tom,

Good to hear that all is well with Jeff and I wish him and his family nothing but the best!  I corresponded with him about a few of my machines in the past and he was always very helpful and generous with his knowledge of the hobby.

I agree that it would be great to see an album of his collection.  He had a lot of great items.

drinking Tim drinking

rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 09:48:39 pm »

I'm feeling a bit philosophical " Collections come and go family is forever" ......that can be a good or bad thing

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 02:55:23 pm »

Jeff was and still is a great guy! I sold him a few rare Dr Pepper machines and he loved them! I will miss him finding the great items! I love the Syphonmix, but may be out of my price range!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 11:07:41 pm »

Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to get the facts posted. Please pass on my best wishes to Jeff and his family.
Creighton

Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 11:11:14 pm »

Tom let Jeff know That we all enjoyed his wonderful collection and we did enjoy his time that he spent on the site.
Sound like he his a great guy, and you are very luck to be able to call him your friend.
Also tell him thank you.

Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: