SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 06:16:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone used these guys??  (Read 18433 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 07:17:53 am »

My fingers hurt just from looking at all that typing.  Oo

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 10:25:09 am »

Just One Big Happy Family GGGGGRRRRR

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 10:57:25 am »

I chated with Alan a few years back and left about eight messages to return my calls.  I was looking for information (schematic, manual, pictures) on my Mills 400.  Seeing he was the only other guy that I could find that had one.  He never returned the calls.  I got tired of calling.  The one time we did talk he offered me a fair trade of a Vendo 39, non restored, for the Mills 400 biggrin.

I'll give him the benefit of a doubt that he had something going on.  It seems from these postings that he is very nice and caring person.  I definately didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling that everyone is feeling.

Maybe I'll try him again, but if I recall correctly, Jeff Wolf bought the Mills 400 from Alan, and Jeff was going to take some shots of the insides for me to look at when he took it out of storage in spring(that was last winter).  Unfortunately, when I asked Jeff (in summer) for some pictures, he said that he sold the machine.

Is it me down or the Mills that people don't like. biggrin

A lot of stuff.
antiquevending

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 02:38:37 pm »

I love to converse with anyone interested in soda machines and will roll out the carpet for them. I remember you calling me - I am always absurdly interested in anyone who calls with something odd like this. I have a Mills 400C and I have only sold two machines to Jeff Wolf that I recall. A C-51 , and a C-27, Jeff bought a Mills 45 as well from a friend of mine that my company restored. I did not even know Jeff owned such a machine. I paid 850.00 for the Mills 400C I have - It is really the only machine I have in the museum that around 30% of the parts are in a box in storage still there from the day the machine was purchased - I did receive a box of parts with this machine and have really not taken inventory - It looked like I had all the parts in the box but really I need to put the boxed parts in the machine to get a handle on the insides before I can help you. I have other cup vendors and was going to try to dope out a pattern one day and get this 400C puzzle put back in operation. I have all the other Mills machines in stock and they are still complete as they were when new.

If you called me from Jan 27Th of 2007 to March 2009 - I am surprised we talked as much as we did - I was in the fight of my life to save this  company and this collection from the auction block. I went through a horrible divorce. I know of other company's that have gone through divorces and were liquidated and sold. I survived and knock on wood did everthing right to come out pretty much unscathed. I ended up keeping Alec, Adele , my company and a debt free life. This is a miracle considering 90% of men in north Carolina loose their children and are digging themselves out of a hole from the beginning and on after the divorce. I met a super woman shortly their after and life is great once again. She is fine with all the conversations I want to have about antique vending machines and is very understanding that my phone rings 8 days a week at all hours.

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 02:59:34 pm »

I talked to you one day the rest of the times were answering machines.

Jeff might have been mistaken with the machines name.  He was selling a stoner manual on Ebay and I wrote him looking for the Mills 400c manual.  He mentioned that he picked up that machine from you because you were basically liquidating some of your collection.  Well, apparently that was not the same machine.

I am looking for a manual, or a schematic.  If you run across any, please contact me.

As far as where the parts go, I believe mine is complete, minus the coin mech cover and one of the cup guides (that piece that keep the cup from tipping over
 when it drops).  I'll be happy to snap you some shots if you need to locate where a part goes.  I never opened the back up yet.  I don't know what's back there.

It's good to hear that someone can turn their life around positively.  There's too many negative life changing experiences out there.

A lot of stuff.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »

Alan ,

I am also Glad that You could get Your life Back on track and In to A Happy Place and Moving Forward . Others Here have been through the same ordeal with the wost outcome But Still Climb from the ashes & rebuild .Good Jop !!! I have Never seen your Collection Other then the Brief Movie & Pictures And It's ALLSOME !!!!

Have you ever Seen One Of These   Oo

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
antiquevending

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 06:09:04 pm »

That is an Atlas two selection - RC cola - I have two versions of that machine - I have a Pepsi Cola 2 flavor which is like yours but pepsi cola - inside the cabinet is divided into two separate machines that stack on top of each other and the inner walls are stainless - If one mechanism quits -  you could pull out the  entire mechanism and replace it easily. An old service man told me that the machines were very unreliable and it was a good thing that the entire mechanism would pull out and could be replaced.

The Pepsi Version is actually a DELI vendor on the tag which must be an early version that sold out or became ATLAS - the other I have looks like yours but where the two flavor part is on yours - mine is a 3 flavor - this part lifts off the machine as well for service and can be changed to a two flavor like yours - I bought it from Rod at Funtronics for 1800.00 dollars - It serves Nehi Grape , Nehi Orange and RC cola. Very cool machine and super rare. 
antiquevending

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 06:11:22 pm »

Im not sure why my tag reads DELI - because I would have expected DELF - the same version of this machine in the RC reads ATLAS
antiquevending

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 06:13:41 pm »

Does your tag read DELF? - It is hard to keep track of all the names since these companies that were small seemed to flow into each other to survive
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 08:44:10 pm »

Post a Picture of your's When You Can .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite