SMC Discussion Areas
June 20, 2024, 07:15:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor Kooler Grill on Columbus CL  (Read 25257 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 05:30:01 pm »

Hello Guys:
Alan Huffman from Antique Vending wanted me to post this for him. He has a concern over the Victor cooler. Recent photos posted buy the feller shows the machine before t ws painted as a shell. Keep in mind all Victor coolers produced had there cooling units located on the right side of the machine facing doors. All VCG's have cooling unit on left side(facing doors. When converting a Victor to a VCG it is necessary to weld shut the hole on the right side of cooler, and also necessary to alter the lenght of the shell. In the last photo posted it clearly shows that the right side of the cooler had a square hole in it and is now welded shut. On the left side of the cooler lower left it appears to be another weld line where the cooler was extended. It is also clear from the photos that electrical controls have been removed from the cooler and no holes where they have been removed from. Below the chili pot there should be two contols that are not on this cooler. Between the two metal straps to the right of the sink/ cutting board threaded mounting holes are missing for the dixie cup dispenser. Decore rings spacers where hoops meet cooler are too thick. Incorrect hot dog rooler. Incorrect register. Incorrect sink. Incorrect switches to left of chili pot. Incorrect jars. Incorrect bun steamer trim. Incorrect roll up doors. VCG coolers NEVER came with black doors, they were always stainless. I (Alan Huffman) know al of this because I have an all original one in my collection, and recently have restored one and shipped it out. Alan and I both agree that this is a nice looking reproduction.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 07:30:24 pm »

Thank you for the additional information on the Victor Kooler Grill.  I agree that it is a nice looking "recreation/reproduction" but it steams my buns-- laugh pun very much intended laugh --to see people trying to pass off a nice replica as the real deal.  I might even be interested in buying a recreation but not at the price of an original!

drinking Tim drinking

FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 08:49:06 pm »

Rod, Thanks so much for all your insight on this Victor. Steams my buns good one Tim.

Matt
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 09:28:02 am »

originally i thought maybe the guy who is selling it was duped, he might have thought he bought and paid for an original.  but then he showed one non dated pic of the kooler in primer(or rather a kooler). so ?  just my 2 cents
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 10:24:47 am »

I couldn't resist, and had to make an inquiry to his auction as well.. basically told him I think he has a very nice Reproduction Cooler Grill, and not an original..

his reply:

Dear coke-n-stuff,

Yes, Iv been told that,and you and all the others have been missinformed I and a team of craftsmen REBUILT THIS ONE, I DID NOT BUY IT THIS WAY FROM ANYONE, and I have OVER the current bid invested in . and WELL over 9000 just in the stainless, I really wish the sideline quarterbacks out there would get their facts befor makeing such statements

- 58finman

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 12:59:03 pm »

Can't ANYONE say "I and a team of craftsman rebuilt this machine"Huh??
If the President says it, does that make it true?
Whatever we think, once it meets reserve, its gone!
Too bad someone loses. Unless the buyer doesn't care one way or
another.
Terry
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 02:21:06 pm »

There are enough resources available today, that it so much easier to determine the authenticity of an item, or the validity of the  seller's statements.
IMy satomach does flip flops pulling the trigger on a couple of hunfred bid, i can't even imagine offering 10K or more without a lot of documentation and veirfed prof the item is worth that much. But I'm silly that way.

Personally I agree with Dave, I like  the rarity, but after a while I realize it's bulky, and kinda  ugly.
That said, if I did have 40-45k to spend on a real Victor Kooler,  I'd buy a $30 dollar  George Foreman Grill, a  $700 Westinghouse Jr Electric cooler, and pocket the the other $40,000 to save toward a Tri five Chevy Nomad.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:04 pm »

There are enough resources available today, that it so much easier to determine the authenticity of an item, or the validity of the  seller's statements.
IMy satomach does flip flops pulling the trigger on a couple of hunfred bid, i can't even imagine offering 10K or more without a lot of documentation and veirfed prof the item is worth that much. But I'm silly that way.

Personally I agree with Dave, I like  the rarity, but after a while I realize it's bulky, and kinda  ugly.
That said, if I did have 40-45k to spend on a real Victor Kooler,  I'd buy a $30 dollar  George Foreman Grill, a  $700 Westinghouse Jr Electric cooler, and pocket the the other $40,000 to save toward a Tri five Chevy Nomad.

EXACTLY!

Vendo 44, 63
Cornelius SVM48E3, Cornelius Diplomat
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
Watling Horoscope Penny Scale
gum machines, parking meter, taxi meter, pay phone, etc...
it's getting out of hand..
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 06:14:43 pm »

I bought a house for 45k. In a decent and safe neighborhood at that. I couldn't imagine ever spending that kind of money on a soda machine, grill, or combination of the two.

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 07:13:31 pm »

I bought a house for 45k. In a decent and safe neighborhood at that.

Wow. Really? That's like reverse sticker shock. Wow. I believe you and understand what you are saying though.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: