SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 07:43:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor Kooler Grill on Columbus CL  (Read 25188 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 06:28:20 am »

I think the so called "bashing" ended a few post's ago. Most are just making observations from the emails, Ebay posts and other correspondence. Just the facts.

I don't think anybody is making this a personal attack against you, even from the start.

Brian
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 07:36:38 am »

I have apologized to everyone
Mr. Tanner,

I did not receive any such apology and yet you had strong intentions in your messages ! ! !

Apology accepted though...

My six cents,

Jim

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 07:51:35 am »

58finman,

Welcome to the site.  happydrinkers I would have to agree with BrianB on his post.  If any of my posts offended, I apologize because I was the one who stumbled across your CL posting and started this thread in the first place.  It is unfortunate that you were taken advantage of by an unscrupulous seller.  That is something that the members of SMC see quite often and it bothers us because that type of mis-representation gives us and our hobby a bad name.  That is also why when we see something that does not seem right, we point it out and try get the facts on the table.

Granted, you have to be stinging from the discovery that you were sold a reproduction billed as "the Holy Grail" of soda machines.  But if you read through any of the thousands of posts on this site, you will find that the members of SMC are very knowledgeable about their hobby and willing to help anyone who takes the time to ask.

drinking Tim drinking
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:59:35 am by mznb1u » Logged
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 08:45:17 am »

58finman,
This is my first post on the thread. While I followed it as comments were posted, I just re-read everything. I can see how you might feel that the members here are bashing you, but I don't see it that way.

Soda machines are our passion and we discuss any machine that pops up. We see a seller trying to sell a common machine for an outrageous amount and we laugh - we see a deal and we want someone on the board to get it - when such a rare machine like a VKG pops up, it is going to grab our attention and inspire our comments.

We are all learning all the time. If Rod and Alan hadn't chimed in with details, most of us would not have noticed that your machine was not original as only a handful of members have ever seen a VKG in person. I have to agree though with another post though that to spend that kind of money on a collectible would warrant some research and lots of restoration documentation. If you had logged on here when you were thinking of buying the cooler, hopefully we would have been able to save you from buying a fake. We have a great and diverse group of members here that have helped many people over the years in both diagnostics/repair and valuations.

I sorry you got duped by an unscrupulous seller. I think everyone has been scammed at some point and that is just life. I think it started for me at an early age with my older brother selling me stuff. I would go into his room as he was cleaning out his desk - I would see him throw something in the trash can and say "Wow - you throwing this away?". He would respond "Wait a minute - let me see that...no I didn't mean to throw this away, but I'll sell it to you!".

Live and learn!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:06:45 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
58finman
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 01:12:15 pm »

58finman,
This is my first post on the thread. While I followed it as comments were posted, I just re-read everything. I can see how you might feel that the members here are bashing you, but I don't see it that way.

Soda machines are our passion and we discuss any machine that pops up. We see a seller trying to sell a common machine for an outrageous amount and we laugh - we see a deal and we want someone on the board to get it - when such a rare machine like a VKG pops up, it is going to grab our attention and inspire our comments.

We are all learning all the time. If Rod and Alan hadn't chimed in with details, most of us would not have noticed that your machine was not original as only a handful of members have ever seen a VKG in person. I have to agree though with another post though that to spend that kind of money on a collectible would warrant some research and lots of restoration documentation. If you had logged on here when you were thinking of buying the cooler, hopefully we would have been able to save you from buying a fake. We have a great and diverse group of members here that have helped many people over the years in both diagnostics/repair and valuations.

I sorry you got duped by an unscrupulous seller. I think everyone has been scammed at some point and that is just life. I think it started for me at an early age with my older brother selling me stuff. I would go into his room as he was cleaning out his desk - I would see him throw something in the trash can and say "Wow - you throwing this away?". He would respond "Wait a minute - let me see that...no I didn't mean to throw this away, but I'll sell it to you!".

Live and learn!

Point well taken, Had I know of this site, It would have been very helpfull, Maybe I wouldnt be flushing a crapload $ down the toilet, Only found out about it via some very unpleasant contacts from ebay members. But still remains, authentic or not at a range of 35 to 50G for a numbered machine, 12G is a bargain and in my opinion (and others) a very nice "Cooler", as you say, live-n-learn !
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »

I think it's still a cool looking machine there Finman, repo or not. Heck there's peeps buying O.C. 81's for 12 G's

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
59Ford
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 09:25:39 pm »

Hey,

I have to say I have learned a lot by reading the posts re: VKG. I actually found this site on the first ebay listing on the VKG. With knowing what we all know at this point, Whats it worth? I am not a repro guy but would like to have that in my room. I appreciate your comments and have a super day! Tommy help 
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 10:59:20 pm »

Finman: As for someone that has personly restored an original Victor Kooler Grill, yours looks great and is well worth the price your asking and I'm the one that sold the record price Victor Kooler Grill. Yours will sell but I wouldn't give it away.

Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations
58finman
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 06:35:57 pm »

Finman: As for someone that has personly restored an original Victor Kooler Grill, yours looks great and is well worth the price your asking and I'm the one that sold the record price Victor Kooler Grill. Yours will sell but I wouldn't give it away.

As it stands, at the starting bid, If thats all it does, I Will be giving it away ! Over twice that in it, but like the previous poster stated, I have no idea what a Repro is worth.  If I had a place to put it...it wouldnt go anywhere.
58finman
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2010, 06:41:31 pm »

Do you still have your machine ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: