SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 10:48:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with with (electrical) "Have a Coke" not lighting up.  (Read 44133 times)
MICoke

Cavalier CSS-8-64, Mercer Island, WA

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 02:20:24 pm »

More photos below.  OK, I will turn it on and flip the switch, (without any bottles in the rack?).  I thought it was necessary to have bottles ready to vend? 

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
MICoke

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 02:29:08 pm »

Light did not come on after flipping the metallic switch.  I assume I should re-assemble and put product back in the shelves?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:44:16 pm by MICoke » Logged

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 02:32:25 pm »

While its still disassembled, flip the switch so the light is off, put coins in the mech just like you were going to vend, and see if it works ok.  If the light comes on, reassemble.  If you watch the rack when you are putting the coins in, you can see the solenoid push the lever over, opening the switch and allowing the rack to vend one bottle.

Since it works, there may be a little corrosion on the switch contacts, and moving it around may have gotten it to work.  You can try to pull off the orange wire and reattach it, to try to get around it for a while.  I had this same issue except with the green wire, so the 'have a coke' light never turned off.  I put a new spade connector on it for good measure.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:36:05 pm by tkaz » Logged

MICoke

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 02:42:40 pm »

SORRY, CORRECTION.  Light DID NOT come after flipping the metallic switch.  I assume I should re-assemble and put product back in the shelves?

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 02:47:25 pm »

Unplug it, swap the green and orange wires on the switch, then plug it back in, is the light on now?

MICoke

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 03:26:56 pm »

Swapped the Orange and the Green.  Light is ON.....ONLY on the OPEN switch position.  Does this mean we have success?

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 03:36:38 pm »

Well, it means we successfully identified the problem!  Since the light is working, then the wiring is good throughout the machine.  It also means that the switch is bad.  I'll check if I have a switch for you, but try Funtronics to see if they have it.  Maybe someone else can chime in if they happen to have one.

After you get the new switch, wire it up like it was in the first place, like your photo and you should be all set.

And thanks for keeping me busy, slow day at work and I'd rather be working on my machines!

MICoke

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 03:43:50 pm »

What are the results if I stock the machine with product and use it in the swapped wire position?  Nomenclature of the switch?

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 03:54:53 pm »

If its left in the current position, nothing will vend, coins won't be accepted by the mech, but the light will be on!  Returning the wires to their original position will let everything work as its supposed to, the 'have a coke' light just won't come on.  

There is potential that just pulling off the wires and putting them back on will solve your problem, like I said with mine that's all it took, I just needed to get the corrosion off the terminal and it was fine.  

Do you happen to have a multimeter with a continuity function to test the switch?

Here's a replacement switch:
http://www.sodajerkworks.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=165&cat=11&page=1
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:06:40 pm by tkaz » Logged

MICoke

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 03:58:37 pm »

What's the name of the switch, do you know?  I actually don't have a multimeter, should I fine one, borrow one, or just order a new switch?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:03:17 pm by MICoke » Logged

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: