SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 04:18:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with with (electrical) "Have a Coke" not lighting up.  (Read 44135 times)
MICoke

Cavalier CSS-8-64, Mercer Island, WA

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 04:11:56 pm »

Yes, everything is vending perfectly, and the USE EXACT CHANGE light is off, because my Coinco is full of nickels.  So, your idea to swap is great.  I will disconnect the connector from the socket "Have a Coke", and disconnect the connector from the socket "USE EXACT CHANGE", swap them out, and see if "HAVE A COKE" lights up.  If it lights up, I know its a bad connector.  If it doesn't, it's either a bad socket, or the problem is at the source, (the other end).  Right?  OK, out to the garage.  I hope I can get these connectors off, they were brutal, when I tried.

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
MICoke

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 05:16:25 pm »

I swapped out the Exact Change socket/bulb, (which I know works) and "Have a Coke" still did not light up....sooooo.....I am off to the hardware store to pickup a couple of nylon connectors.  So we know it's not the socket.  If it's not a bad connector, I did notice the wiring harness down below making a hard 90 degree angle and rubbing into and touching a galvanized junction box.  This could also be where the short is.  So it's either a bad nylon connector, or a short in the wire from down below.

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
MICoke

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 12:09:36 pm »

Update:  The 7 watt lamp socket is good, with new connectors, crimped on.  So, I still have the problem of Have a Coke light not lighting up.  I am providing new photos of the Junction Box, (next to the Coinco), and the Terminal Block, where a bad connection is possible?  I do have a question on the Junction Box Assy.  There are two or three exposed and not used terminal plugs.  Why?  Also, My Parts and Service manuel does not call out the "Have a Coke" lamp in the circuit diagram, it does however call out the "Correct Change" lamp, but not the "Have a Coke Lamp".  This Parts and Service manuel is shared amongst several models.  Not sure what to do?  The problem my be in the Terminal Block which has several wires going into it.  This Terminal Block is located right below the bottom shelf, may be where the problem is.  Shall I Remove the Terminal Block and check the connections?  Do I give up and find a local competent vending tech repair guy in the Seattle area to help me?

Tkaz, I could not find the credit switch at the bottom of the vending stack, which you indicated can be tricky to get to.  Did you find a photo? , You had mentioned that a solenoid at the bottom of the stack pushes a lever out, which lets the machine vend.  When the lever is pushed out, it contacts a switch which turns on the 'Have a Coke' light. I am not sure where to look.  You had mentioned that the switch is all the way at the bottom, back left on the inside of the machine.  You had also mentioned that you had a similar issue a while back and it ended up that the contacts were bad, and you just crimped new connectors and it was all set.  Is the switch your referring to near the Terminal Block? photo below.

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 12:45:14 pm »

The switch is on the opposite side from the terminal block, if you snap a photo of the bottom left corner, I can give you some direction.  It may be easier to take the stack out to work on it, but I'll see if you can get to it first.  Taking the stack out involves removing all the shelves, then removing two screws on the top of the stack.  Not hard at all.

Also, the wiring in the terminal block looks good.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:57:11 pm by tkaz » Logged

MICoke

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 01:24:54 pm »

tkaz,
I have removed rack # 7 and 8, and looking for a green or white and yellow wire, correct?  I think your right from your original post.  It's in the very back left corner.  Looks difficult to get to, so I will need your help in how to get access back there.  Remove all remaining racks?  Where are the two screws your referring about?  Also, remember the wiring diagram you posted above?  I've got the same diagram glued to the inside door.  It does reflect "Have a Coke" light on this diagram.  Here are some new photos....

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 01:39:03 pm »

The switch is directly behind the panel that the purple and yellow wires go through in your first photo.  Told you it was hard to get to!

MICoke

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 01:50:16 pm »

Right.  I see that there are wires or a switch back there.  OK, do I need to remove all the remaining six racks?  Then what?

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 01:53:58 pm »

Remove the shelves, if you look on the top of the rack, on the left side of the machine, you'll see two bolts you can remove with a socket or a phillips screwdriver.  That's all that holds on the rack, you will be able to tilt it to the side then pull it out.  The wiring can be left attached, just make sure you don't pinch it or pull too hard when you are taking the rack out.

MICoke

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 02:07:26 pm »

Did I say your phenomenal?  Got the Bottle gate rack off, (as you know, it was easy).  OK, the wiring looks good.  I have noticed a metallic flip switch in the off position.  Flip it on, put my bottles back in, and fire the machine up?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:30:31 pm by MICoke » Logged

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 02:10:41 pm »

Being careful not to touch any bare wires, plug the machine in and flip that switch back and forth, see if the light comes on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: