SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 12:30:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs 50 Pepsi.  (Read 3040 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: October 15, 2007, 04:01:36 pm »

Hi Guys

sme of you may recall my Jacobs 50 that I acquired 18 months or so ago.

Well finally I have managed to take it all to bits and now there a boxes everywhere.

I've decided not to do the bodywork myself. Its too bashed for me to straighten out. So the cabinet is with the bodyshop at the moment.

Questions:

1. I have found a date on one of the parts. June 1951. Is this Double dot territory or would it have changed over by then. The decals I have on the machine at the moment are single Dot although the paint colour is not the light blue I associated with the single dot. But then, its not the dark blue I thought was double dot. I'm confused. I don't have anything to compare it to in the flesh.

2. Where can I buy larger Pepsi cap decals. The ones on there at the moment are 12" wide.
The sponsor sites don't seem to go that large. 9" is the largest I've found..

Any help, as always gratefully appreciated.

Dave

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:40:19 pm »

Pepsi changed over to the single dot in 1951, I haven't been able to find a more specific date, but I would say definitely by June that year biggrin  Your machine may have been one of the first with the new logo.
 I thought but can not confirm the lighter blue didn't start appearing on machines until the late 50's-early 1960's.

Personally, I think the dark Pepsi blue would look good on your machine, and I'll  keep my eye out for a 12"  cap decal.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:46:01 pm »

very nice machine you have there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: