SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 02:21:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No fuss shipping  (Read 5959 times)
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 03:15:47 pm »

Given?  My behind.  Both sons have cars and earned every penny they cost.    On a lighter note, people who grow up and live in larger cities, like New York, many never learn to drive.  It costs so much to own and operate a car there that it is not pratical.  Couple this with a decent transit system, and no need to have a car.  Wish Miami had better mass transit.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 04:03:35 pm »

Quote (davethebirdman @ Dec. 04 2005,3:09)
I thought you guys were all given a car on your 17th birthday.

It seems like that, or mommy and daddy at least let them drive their extra $40,000 car to school.  When I drive my '91 S-10 to work I have the most beat-up (rust) vehicle in all the lots.  Actually, most students drive nicer cars than the teachers!

(Here in Indiana, you can get your drivers license at 16 years and 1 month.)

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 04:11:17 pm »

Outside the cities that is definitely true that the car is king. Around larger cities there are probably more commuters who have a fewer number of cars. My wife and I only had one car for a few years and commuted together. Some people take the Metro buses or trains and others slug to work.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 05:48:57 pm »

I bought my first car/truck at 14 years old. It was an 82 S10. My dad and I took it off the frame and completely restored the truck. Yes you heard that right we restored a piece of junk 82 S10. But it was a pretty cool truck. We even shaved the door handles so the doors opened with a remote. I am 24 years old and I have had 5 cars/trucks total.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: