SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 09:39:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Needed: information on toms snack machine  (Read 8678 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 09:31:51 pm »

Did you try getting it to vend when it was closed?

Also when it worked empty did you try adding product to see if it would vend?

Great to see it working...
Justin W

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 09:44:53 pm »

Yeah,  when I was taking a break from trying to get it open I popped in some nickels and dimes and tested all the pulls.  All worked. Once I got it opened it still worked.  As far as does it vend a product I tried a few things here at the house but I couldnt really find anything on hand that fit the slots.  I'll go buy some cookies, crackers and peanuts tomorrow that look like they will work and start testing.  What do you put in yours?

But after playing with the thing I don't see why it wont work.  The little tray slides out and drops when you pull the knob.  I did notice an adjustable spacer for each slot that I assumes was for you to set the correct thickness so that it only grabs one package at a time.

The only issue I've had since getting the top off was my son put a quarter in it and the return coin slot is too small for quarters and I need to dig it out tomorrow  biggrin

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 09:50:15 pm »

I haven't got mine vending... but now I'm motivated after reading your post!

Thanks!
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 08:25:45 am »

I have the junior version of this, but have not had a lot of time to look at it.   I have read several threads on this in this discussion group and it seems difficult to stock these especially on the smaller slots as the crackers used to be square and would stack without an issue.  When you get the crackers now they are rectangular and won't stack.  There was one thread (can't find it now) in which someone built a guide for the smaller slots, but it would not work on my version.  Either way, let us know what you find out and I love the links to the patents.
Justin W

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 09:37:19 am »

One funny side note about the patents,  in the applications it says something to the effect of "the cabinet was designed so that even the mechanically inept workforce of today can service the machine."

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 12:33:42 am »

>"the cabinet was designed so that even the mechanically inept workforce of today can service the machine."

Great statement there. That is still true 50 yrs. later. I'm living proof :-)

Hunting product that will vend is work. Now is good because it is Halloween. Wholesale supply shops are a good source.

Creighton
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: