SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 05:31:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Sled Works  (Read 7068 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 08:58:46 am »

I remember it well also. 
And test patterns. I found a clean  copy I am going to blow up and frame .

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 11:29:17 am »

The Stooges looked like they were off a DVD. They were all pretty clear, I got a kick out of one that the vertical hold was either failing or needing adjustment.  It's been a long time since I saw a TV with a picture that was "rolling".

Love the Stooges as does my oldest son and I too had forgotten about the vertical roll - funny!

We had a little get together in the park with some other families about the time the Coyotes were in the NHL playoffs last year. I set up a small 15" digital TV with rabbit ears and juiced it with a Sears Portable Power so we dads could watch the game. All the kids had never seen rabbit ears and it intrigued a few.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 11:57:46 am »

Our tv was attached to an antenna that was outside, mounted to a pole that ran up the side of the house. We weren't able to adjust it from the inside of the house, so someone had to go outside and actually turn the pole manually from ground level. If we were watching one channel and wanted to switch to another, somebody would go outside and turn the pole while the other person stood inside at the window. The person inside would rap on the window when the picture was "good".  We also lived very close to an Ohio Turnpike plaza, so our tv would often pick up conversation from the truckers' CB radios.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 07:13:00 pm »

We were so poor we just set up a couple of crates to sit on and look out the window. When we wanted to change channels we went to look out the back windows.  Oo

A lot of stuff.
sledworks
5 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 11:57:53 pm »

Hi Jim:

Thanks for coming by. I'll have to check out my Philco Predicta TV's and see which
one is rolling. Can't have that. Haha!! They are all hooked up from a DVD player to VHF inputs on back
of the sets with splitters and adapters bought at Radio Shack.

The Stoner Cafe coffee machine has been around for close to 20 years. It's just a display. There's a high price on it to keep it from selling.

Jimmy Rosen
Old Sled Works
Duncannon, PA 17020
www.sledworks.com
Facebook:Old Sled Works

Vendo 23,39,44,110
Vendolator 27
Cavalier 33, CS64
Ideal 55B Pepsi
LaCrosse 7up EC81
Rowe Cig (2), Cigar, Gum (5)
Stoner Senior, Jr, Cafe, Gum (2)
Apco CoffeeShoppe Jr
1947 Popcorn Sez
Other Cig
FASTURN402

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 06:39:30 am »

We to had an antenna on a pole and had to turn it to the direction we needed. Later my dad put a motor on it with a box in the family room that had a dial.
We then simply turned the dial and it spun the antenna until the channel you were watching was "tuned in".
My dad was ahead of his time.
In the late sixties he took the chassis out of a 25 inch console tv.
Had a double closet in the master bedroom into which he cut a hole in one door, built a support in the closet, inserted chassis and trimmed with molding.
Wallah, the first wall mounted flat screen tv.  biggrin
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 11:05:57 am »

My dad was ahead of his time.
In the late sixties he took the chassis out of a 25 inch console tv.
Had a double closet in the master bedroom into which he cut a hole in one door, built a support in the closet, inserted chassis and trimmed with molding.
Wallah, the first wall mounted flat screen tv.  biggrin

That's cool. What did he do for remote control?

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 11:10:06 am »

Hi Jim:

Thanks for coming by. I'll have to check out my Philco Predicta TV's and see which
one is rolling. Can't have that. Haha!! They are all hooked up from a DVD player to VHF inputs on back
of the sets with splitters and adapters bought at Radio Shack.

The Stoner Cafe coffee machine has been around for close to 20 years. It's just a display. There's a high price on it to keep it from selling.

Thanks Jimmy - it was cool to walk around and see all of the booths.  The errant TV was in the soda fountain area, closest to the counter.   smile

I also really like your C-33.  I have added that one to my 'wish list' of machines, first one I've seen in person.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: