SMC Discussion Areas
September 28, 2024, 04:37:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unrelated but looking for opinions on Technology, Ipad,Nexus 7, Kindle Fire etc.  (Read 8123 times)
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 10:22:39 pm »

I have an iPad gen 1 and still use it every day. iOS apps for your phone are compatible and run fine. I have very few problems with web pages and safari, usually if it's a poorly done page I'll get errors. The same thing will happen with any browser if it's not built properly.
My home automation actually runs better on safari then IE and hangs if I try to use chrome.
Don't forget you don't have to use IE, there are several browsers available for iOS.

The bottom line is buy the one you like. Go play with every tablet you can find and ignore the sales people.  I know some items at best buy bring a higher commission so sales will try to push you toward them.

I know people that love iOS and hate android and vise versa.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 10:51:48 pm »

I bought an iPad 3 yesterday and tried to go on the company sites I use regularly. And most don't work on it.  What are the other browsers for iPad

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 11:16:23 pm »

Give Chrome a shot, I've had good luck with it, but no iPad experience

Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 01:42:16 am »

Chrome, mercury, and opera are the big three. Some web sites do treat an iPad as a mobile browser so you may still have to tap "view full site" at the bottom.  Anything with flash won't work. Apple treats that like its a 3.5" floppy.  There are workarounds though and they work well but are a pain. If its a business site there may be security issues that stimy any non IE browser. Coke's web site makes IE mandatory.
If ya give me some of the addresses I can tinker as you do and see if I can find a way to get them to open.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 12:36:46 pm »

Good luck if you're company web site uses flash, or  google maps for directions.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »

Google maps is available through any iOs web browser. They just killed the google maps app. Flash, well apple has a bug in their butt for some reason.
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 11:29:53 pm »

Try an ap called puffin. I just got done watching a flash video on my iPad.
jnapp18
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 10:24:57 am »

Here comes my opinion.
I have been an android guy for a long time now. As far as the Nexus 7 goes, it is a great "value" tablet. Blazing fast, good features. It simply lacks in speaker quality and screen quality. (btw I am not saying the screen is bad, but it is no apple retina display.) You will not be able to use your flash sites on new android tablets as well.

As for the windows 8 tablets go. I think this would be an interesting route to go, they look pretty good from my point of view. I have been playing with the operating system for a while on my laptop with the developer previews they have released and i think the OS will be very tablet friendly and the interface which they wanted to call metro(it no longer is) is really awesome aesthetically speaking.

And of course the tech giant. You really cant go wrong with the ipad/ipad mini. It all comes down to the inability to use flash based websites and the price. you could opt for the ipad 2 to save a little money. Overall the ipad would be the best device IMO to show off a collection in the gallery app and the simplest to transfer music, images, and other data to and from through itunes.(which is a pretty important ability).

Hope this helps, if you have any other specific question I consider myself pretty knowledgable on the topic.
-jnapp18@gmail.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: