SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:34:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persistance pays off  (Read 7696 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 08:42:06 am »

Thanks all!  The neon was made from a nice original 1963 fishtail sign but was professionally altered at some point in time. I originally bought it for resale but it lights up my entire store 24 hrs a day so it is a keeper now.
       The 81 has a modern compressor which works fine but has had a late model  39 evaporator installed, so the bottom shelf no longer fits and the lines were soldered very poorly so that's why the leaks. I have the right parts to fix all that.
       The only problem I have now is the bottle stack. The parts that were removed are easily replaced with those from a square top machine, with the exception of the cam that is actuated by the vend cylinder at the bottom.
        Rod......have you had this part re-manufactured yet as it is also critical to convert an electrical stack back to manual? I could supply one from another stack as a sample if someone has access to a machine shop that would be capable of re-making these as I could use a few of them.
       Also I'm not sure if this part is the same as a 110 or reversed but if it is the same, I would buy one if anyone has an extra. Can post a picture later if necessary.
        Thanks.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 09:35:20 am »

The only problem I have now is the bottle stack. The parts that were removed are easily replaced with those from a square top machine, with the exception of the cam that is actuated by the vend cylinder at the bottom.
              Also I'm not sure if this part is the same as a 110 or reversed but if it is the same, I would buy one if anyone has an extra. Can post a picture later if necessary.
        Thanks.
I agree on this too Glen,, someone needs to find a way to make this part as i have 3 bottle stacks that are missing this part.. your reffering to the little Triangular peice with a pin in it that is engaged by the vend Cylinder I'm pretty sure..   I too had one out of a V110 and all excited and when I went ot put it in, Totally forgot it was reversed? Duh,, took me a while to realize that one..

WHo can come to the rescue on this one...  It's Part 29 and accessory peices that work with it on the diagram attached

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 10:15:46 am »

I can check with my metal shop guy...what do you think would be a good number to reproduce?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 11:38:34 am »

I need a couple for sure..

not sure how big of a need, but look Glen said, it's essential if your converting an electric STack to Mechanical.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 11:57:56 am »

John needs 3, I will commit to 4. I don't think a run of 24 would be unreasonable.

Glen
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 12:26:50 pm »

"I too had one out of a V110 and all excited and when I went ot put it in, Totally forgot it was reversed? Duh,, took me a while to realize that one.."

You can reverse them, grind off the weld on one side, punch out the pin, drive the pin back in on the other side. and for good measure a dab of JB weld and you are good to go. I have done this several times with no problems.

Joey

I may have 2-3 of these if they are needed.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up